Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 12:04 AM

I fell in love today . . .

Well for 10 minutes anyway.

There I was, in my shed, minding me own business and taking some Dianthus cuttings.
I was just taking some pots outside to the garden when I heard a man's voice calling out.
I looked up but could only see leaves and branches rustling about, then he called again. Suddenly the branches parted about 15 ft up my neighbours big tree and a very handsome face peeked out, smiling broadly.

It was one of the tree cutting men my insurance people had sent, they were removing a huge tree from my neighbours garden today. They were also supposed to be coming to me at some point, to finish a job that hadn't been done properly on a previous visit.

He asked if he could come in via the back fence instead of walking round the road way, and I said OK, and went back to finish my cuttings.
A few minutes later this Adonis dropped into my garden - he was gorgeous! Tanned, fit, handsome, with a smile to melt anyone's heart. Nearly fell off me perch, I did.

Anyway, I composed meself and showed him the offending tree stump and we discussed what was best to do. I mentioned I'd got dogs so was concerned about him putting poison down and he said he liked dogs(another plus), and that he'd got a dog too.
He asked what dogs I'd got and I called Gerty out to meet him. He was kneeling on the ground by the offending Buddleia when little Gertie came flying out, - no decorum whatsoever - launched at his chest and and smothered his face, neck, and ears, with kisses before I could grab her.
Being the shameless hussy I am, I thought to meself "lucky dog" . .
He laughed and hugged Gerty (again, lucky dog), and played with her, then said he would come back another day and do the tree stump.
I asked him not to forget, to which he said - I was much too nice to forget.

Yes, I know full well he was just a loveable rogue, who knew he was a good looking fella, and would flirt with all the ladies, but it was a few minutes unexpected fun and it brightened my day enormously for 5 minutes.
After all, it's not every day you get an Adonis drop from a tree and land in your garden, is it.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 12:09 AM

Re: I fell in love today . . .

Awwww ... Mups that's lovely ... lucky you
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 12:19 AM

Ah how nice - and he's coming back!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 07:19 AM

It's not going to be a remake of "Misery" is it?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 07:20 AM

Mups, did you see his Chopper.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 07:52 AM

How lovely for you, Mups, and for flirty Gertie as well !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 07:58 AM

Ooooooh, he sounds lovely!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 07:59 AM

Hostage rescue squad on standby.

susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 08:45 AM

Awwww mups a lovely moment for you . I once fell in love with someone who popped into my life , the plumber who came to my house . Suddenly I came alive again , my eyes sparkled , I flirted , so did he with me , I made him bacon butties , he complimented me , the sparkle was there between us , he had a gorgeous body , long legs , and loved my cups of tea , for an hour I was a girl again with hopes and dreams , then we said goodbye and he walked out of my life forever , my heart melted and life became ordinary again .

You see we are never tooooo old to fall in love again , so I'm with you there mups x
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Awwww mups a lovely moment for you . I once fell in love with someone who popped into my life , the plumber who came to my house . Suddenly I came alive again , my eyes sparkled , I flirted , so did he with me , I made him bacon butties , he complimented me , the sparkle was there between us , he had a gorgeous body , long legs , and loved my cups of tea , for an hour I was a girl again with hopes and dreams , then we said goodbye and he walked out of my life forever , my heart melted and life became ordinary again .

You see we are never tooooo old to fall in love again , so I'm with you there mups x
Hob Nobs.

You should have given him Hob Nobs and he would have been yours Susan. As a plumber, I know these things.

Remember next time....Hob Nobs.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top