Join for free
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 09:16 AM

Cute Aggresion.

Listening to a Radio 4 program on Cute Aggression during the night, it was something i had never thought about before, but i realised i have seen many examples of it before.

My mother was a good example, always pinching babies chubby cheeks and her dogs would get that special attention.

At the BBC’s request, science writer and entertainer Simon Watt set out to explore the fascinating biology and psychology behind the effect that looking at cute animals has on our brains. But half an hour of image-searching photos of ducklings, puppies, owlets and sugar gliders, gave him pause for thought: ‘I have fallen down a rabbit hole – a cute ickle bunny wabbit hole. I have looked at so many adorable photos that I am starting to wonder if cats are taking over the internet and I have dissolved into a twee mess, compulsively cooing at my computer screen. I feel like my brain has melted to mush.’ A short period of cold turkey later, Simon’s scientist brain is back on: here’s his report.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/arti...for-our-health

https://www.buzzfeed.com/morganshana...z35#.xmYeqj8kX
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 09:35 AM

Re: Cute Aggresion.

I had an aunt who always wanted to pinch my cheeks - I used to hide when she came to visit. She obviously had cannibalistic tendencies as well as she would look at my baby sister in her pram and say "Couldn't you just eat her" !!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 09:40 AM

Perhaps that's why I prefer chubby men! I want to eat them!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 11:14 AM

Babies don't do that for me. I am not into babies, even though I did have two of my own.
I find some animals cute, but have never wanted to pinch or eat them either.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 11:24 AM

I used to love to bite my babies tummies! Gently, of course!
I felt, l could just eat them!

Please don't report me...they aren't scarred!
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 11:53 AM

Another one here who finds babies a turn-off.

Cuddly wuddly animals (and also baby rhinoceroses) can make me go all sloppy, but I wouldn't want to bite one
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I had an aunt who always wanted to pinch my cheeks - I used to hide when she came to visit. She obviously had cannibalistic tendencies as well as she would look at my baby sister in her pram and say "Couldn't you just eat her" !!
We had a priest who had a penchant for pinching cheeks, I think that have been a factor in my conversion to atheism
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 08:09 AM

One of those interviewed on the radio was an environmentalist charged with trying to get the public to support those members of the animal kingdom faced with extinction, but not on the cuddly list. Never being one of the beautiful people i know how that feels.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 08:41 AM

Maybe I got out of the wrong side of bed this morning but `cute` and aggression` do not marry in my mind. I would not like to cuddle a platypus,nor a Blue Whale but I support them.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Maybe I got out of the wrong side of bed this morning but `cute` and aggression` do not marry in my mind. I would not like to cuddle a platypus,nor a Blue Whale but I support them.
I knew someone who, at a very young age, bit his auntie on the bum. That was probably considered 'cute' at the time, but later in life, he wondered if it indicated that he was oversexed

Unsure how pertinent this us to the discussion but thought I'd chuck it in.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top