Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 08:51 AM

Why are search results always old?

Whenever I search for an answer on the internet, I invariably come across a forum discussing the subject and quite often would like to join in. For some reason though, they are always years old and the thread is closed. Why is that?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 10:28 AM

Re: Why are search results always old?

Can't say I've noticed that but I guess they try to find the exact wording so sometimes change the wording can bring up different answers.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 10:48 AM

I do try typing 2016 at the end but doesn't seem to help much. Maybe it's because all the subjects have been covered up to about 2012?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 10:49 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I do try typing 2016 at the end but doesn't seem to help much. Maybe it's because all the subjects have been covered up to about 2012?
Could be I guess. You could try other search engines, I wonder if that might help ?
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 10:56 AM

Whenever I search for an answer on the internet, I invariably come across a forum discussing the subject and quite often would like to join in. For some reason though, they are always years old and the thread is closed. Why is that?
Sooooooo annoying isn't it.
I feel that it happens more often now ... could be wrong but I wonder if some kind of censorship is in force ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-08-2016, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by Rachel ->
Sooooooo annoying isn't it.
I feel that it happens more often now ... could be wrong but I wonder if some kind of censorship is in force ?
Ah! Could be. I know I am a born cynic but you could have a point there.

I have tried other search engines but not a lot different unfortunately.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 11:20 AM

Yesterday, I was searching for how long l could drive my car after the 'brake wear' message came on in my car. I found lots of forums but they weren't current.
When l search for info about hens, the forums are also old!
I do try to put in 2016 and UK when l Google but l usually forget!!
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England

09-08-2016, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Yesterday, I was searching for how long l could drive my car after the 'brake wear' message came on in my car. I found lots of forums but they weren't current.
When l search for info about hens, the forums are also old!
I do try to put in 2016 and UK when l Google but l usually forget!!
See this is my point. Don't you think it is strange that no one is discussing these things on forums right now? (well apart from us that is).
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 11:26 AM

Coz that's when the world ended init.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-08-2016, 11:28 AM

Hi LD try asking the Admin of the site concerned. They will know why a thread was locked.

Opening up old threads on any site is not really a good idea. Many of the original posters may no longer post or even be deceased so won't respond to you.
Better to start the topic afresh, if it has been discussed recently the Moderators of the site will sort it out.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top