Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 11:17 AM

Funeral Director steals charity donations.

She stole money from grieving families, money meant for charities.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...ving-families/

The justice system shows it's blatant gender biased sentencing once again.

If this had been a male he'd now be serving at least 3 years
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 11:27 AM

Re: Funeral Director steals charity donations.

I don't know how she has avoided jail
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 11:50 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Yes I saw a bit of that on the news Tpin, I was very surprised she wasn't jailed. It's the same here they always go easy on the women in the courts for some strange reason.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 11:59 AM

Did you notice the picture in the article showing all the cheques she's tampered with to commit fraud? There's loads of them.

This is hardly at the level of filching a few coins out of a charity collection dish.

She deliberately diverted cheques and even provided the grieving relatives with fake thank you letters for the donations received. (not)

I wouldn't have a clue how to tamper with a cheque to that degree.

I love how the psychiatric report said ... she was under stress and pressure and suffering depression.
She should go to jail. A morally despicable crime.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
The jails are full to overflowing.
Crims guilty of fraud where there are no obvious victims rarely go to jail these days
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 12:58 PM

Committing a crime, be it man or woman, should carry the same degree of punishment. The real problem is that lawyers have found a way of getting sympathy for their clients and thereby a reduced sentence!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 12:59 PM

I agree Twink.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 01:06 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Did you notice the picture in the article showing all the cheques she's tampered with to commit fraud? There's loads of them.

This is hardly at the level of filching a few coins out of a charity collection dish.

She deliberately diverted cheques and even provided the grieving relatives with fake thank you letters for the donations received. (not)

I wouldn't have a clue how to tamper with a cheque to that degree.

I love how the psychiatric report said ... she was under stress and pressure and suffering depression.
She should go to jail. A morally despicable crime.
I agree. If all the money we raised for the local hospice at my wife's funeral was stolen I'd be furious - this is not a victimless crime, the victims are those who would have benefited from the donations.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 03:50 PM

If the cheques weren't sent on how did she cash them. Were they made out to her, I don't understand.
Anyway, she should be made to work to pay back the money, if she goes to jail she'll be paid for by the State and probably not pay it back.
If I see her in Cheddar, I may say something unpolite!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-08-2016, 04:15 PM

There really are some low people about these days, but things like her employment and family can be taken into account when sentancing, I know the local court here allowed a man who ran his own business to go to prison just weekends so he could carry on his business as he employed thirty five people.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top