Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 02:12 AM

Driving Test?

Did you pass your Driving Test first time?

I failed the first time. My Instructor (with a look of sucking lemons) pointed, and asked me the registration of; "the Audi"?
I replied; "What Audi"?
He looked startled and nearly swallowed the lemon that he appeared to be chewing!!
I quickly added that I did not easily recognise makes of cars, and asked him what colour car he was referring to!
Then all was well. But we obviously got off to a bad start....!

Rainbow
Number 6
New Member!
Wirral, Cheshire
Number 6 is male 

28-08-2010, 02:17 AM

Re: Driving Test?

Yes rainbow I did & it was a female instructer who guided me through it.
Cassie
West Wales
Cassie is female  Cassie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 02:21 AM

Yes 1st time in a car and on my bike.
Rainbow
Surrey UK
Rainbow is female  Rainbow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 02:27 AM

Oh, Number6 and Cassie, WELL DONE!

(Hope I am not alone in not passing first time)!!!

Rainbow
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 07:38 AM

Sorry Rainbow, I also passed first time
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 07:51 AM

I failed first time as well, the examiner said I went around corners to fast. The second time he took me around hundreds of corners and asked me why he did that. Reason!! I had gone around one corner with my arm signalling my turn(no indicators those days) and my other changing gear.lol He said that if I had done it again he would have failed me.
He also got out of the car with a bruise on his forehead. When he indicated for me to do an emergency stop I was going passed a 'Low Gear' sign and had decided to change to a lower gear. I just let the clutch out fast and braked. He hit his head on the windscreen(no seat belts then).lol

Question? How many people read the highway code regularly?

Driving tests these days are so easy. You are taught to pass a test not how to drive a car.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 08:28 AM

I don't drive - hated it! Well done to all who passed though when you took your driving test!!
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 02:00 PM

I passed first time - but thought I'd failed!

About 1 minute after getting into the car and pulling up at a roundabout, this car came screaming down and I had to slam on the breaks. My face went all red and I thought I had failed and it just put me off the rest of the test. So you can imagine I was shocked when he said I passed!
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 02:06 PM

Driving tests these days are so easy. You are taught to pass a test not how to drive a car.
My Dad said just that to me many moons ago Antibrown when I passed my test - he said now you have got to get on and learn how to drive.

I passed first time, aged 21, but I thought the instructor was going to take it off of me. I rushed off to buy a "bottle" to celebrate and when running back to the car park, who should I bump into with my bottle but my instructor. Fortunately, he smiled at me and just told me to go steady.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
My Dad said just that to me many moons ago Antibrown when I passed my test - he said now you have got to get on and learn how to drive.

I passed first time, aged 21, but I thought the instructor was going to take it off of me. I rushed off to buy a "bottle" to celebrate and when running back to the car park, who should I bump into with my bottle but my instructor. Fortunately, he smiled at me and just told me to go steady.
You can say that you can drive a car when you dont have to use the Clutch or the Brakes, you can do a running commentary about all the Hazards and Road signs as you are driving , you can Demonstrate the Width and Length of your car by going through gaps or stopping within 6 inches of and object(in reverse as well) and you can answer (100% )questions(not multi-cjoice) about the highway code and the immediate maintenance of the vehicle. Then you know about Driving.

I was taught to drive by a professional and I taught my daughter the same way.
Last week whilst working at and Army depot(doing a safety audit) she surprised the Major in charge of equipment by driving an HET, around the training course, without any problems. I am so proud of her being able to do that without major tuition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top