Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 09:16 PM

Cyber Crime

I have just read in todays paper about crooks hacking people's Amazon 'Prime Now' services.
They are then ordering loads of expensive goods using the victim's stored payment details. They have asked for the 1 hour delivery slot, then all they do is lay in wait near the address and intercept the courier.
I don't know what they say to him to get him to hand over the parcels, but it works!

Customers are saying Amazon's customer services are useless at helping sort it out when they have phoned.

Action Fraud say:
Be very cautious with giving out personal info.
Restrict details on internet profiles such as Facebook.
If you move house, get Royal Mail Redirection for at least 1 year.
Make Passwords complex.
Beware, because scammers are also now calling the victims posing as officials!!

There were 6 MILLION frauds and cyber crimes committed in England & Wales during the last 12 months. This includes 1 million online shopping scams.

Isn't it depressing what these scumbags do.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 09:19 PM

Re: Cyber Crime

It is Mups. I reckon these new drones that Amazon will be sending out will be targeted too.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cedronella ->
It is Mups. I reckon these new drones that Amazon will be sending out will be targeted too.
Yes, that's a thought.
Cedronella
england
Cedronella is female  Cedronella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 09:22 PM

I heard someone on tv saying how they bet the kids will get their catapults out and try and down them. Time will tell.
Rehab44
Chatterbox
Nil
Rehab44 is male  Rehab44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 10:35 PM

It would seem that there maybe be other problems with this service

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...bly-wrong.html
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 10:47 PM

I heard someone on tv saying how they bet the kids will get their catapults out and try and down them. Time will tell.
I too foresee a rise in the sale of catapults and 'bag a drone' as the latest game
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 10:50 PM

Quite so, strange things happen when folks are "Hacked Off".
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Quite so, strange things happen when folks are "Hacked Off".
Paul I would be 'hacked off' if I was out in the garden enjoying the peace and drones were buzzing all over the place .

Drones look like being banned from flying on the hills and the extensive common land around here administered by the hills conservators

DRONES look set to be banned from the Malvern Hills and surrounding commons after reports of wildlife being scared and races being held with the flying machines.

They also say hang-gliders and horse-riders are at risk of being hit by the drones.

Malvern Hills Conservators say they are receiving a growing number of reports of remote-controlled drones such as quad-copters being flown on its land.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-07-2016, 11:02 PM

See folks have Google Earth, but for some reason, they like to get "Interactive" at a basic level.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-08-2016, 06:56 AM

Ive got my catapult ready, noisy things deserve to shot down.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top