Join for free
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 09:32 PM

Look it up.

Google is a great thing, any subject under the Sun can be looked up and 99% of the time your question will find a result. Having said that, it also takes a lot of the fun out of pub conversation because everybody now knows everything, and if you don't happen to know your told to 'Google it'... and there endeth the lesson, followed by complete silence until someone says, again, I think it might rain soon, what do you think Jimmy?.
What kind of a World will it be when everybody knows everything?, I like the bit of stupidity I have, it helps keep me sane in a World full of smart-arces.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-08-2010, 10:41 PM

Re: Look it up.

If only we all had super memory - but even then, we need to be rational and logical about what we hear or are 'taught'. It scares me when people just believe 'stories' and don't question things!

Rant over
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-08-2010, 12:45 AM

Re: Look it up.

What a different world it would be for me without my computer, the internet & Google. I don't hesitate now to look first at Google for computer problems, information about photo opportunities, photowalks, driving directions to everywhere and advice on what's good, what's bad and where to buy everything. If I photograph an unknown flower the internet finds me the name & species quickly. I plan trips and check the weather from live locally positioned cameras. it's all too wonderful. This doesn't make me a smart ass just better informed. I make better purchase decisions and get road tests and initial impressions on everything. Why not? It's free!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top