Join for free
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 06:52 PM

Well I never !

Britain's favourite pie is Apple. according to a poll taken.

It beat Shepherds Pie and Steak & Ale in a top ten poll.

Brits eat 2.2 pies per week on average.
Six per cent scoff up to six weekly and one per cent weekly have more than ten.

The survey by market researcher OnePoll said.
Pie passion is clearly high !

Here are the top ten pies from the Poll taken. I wonder if they are correct. Do you agree with the outcome of this Poll? What's YOUR favourite?

1. Apple
2. Shepherds Pie
3. Steak and Ale
4. Cottage Pie
5. Steak and Kidney
6. Lemon Meringue
7. Chicken and Mushroom
8. Pork Pie
9. Mince Pie
10.Meat and Potato.

My favourite has got to be Shepherds Pie because I make it twice a week - although it should be called Cottage Pie because I always use minced beef and not minced Lamb. Hence I think Cottage Pie should be number two in the top ten because a lot of people use beef but like me, still lay claim to it being a Shepherds Pie! Phew!

Does that make any sense or is it gobbledegook!

Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 07:11 PM

Re: Well I never !

Up to and including number 6. I love all of those....my favourite being shepherds pie and lemon meringue...I love apple pie with custard or cream too mmm!!!
I dont have pie every week though maybe fortnightly I may make a shepherds pie...I prefer lighter meals atm salad or fish or chicken
Val J
East Yorkshire
Val J is female  Val J has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 08:21 PM

I don't often eat pie but my favourite, fish pie, isn't on the list. For sweet, cherry is my favourite. Yum.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 08:46 PM

Originally Posted by Val J ->
I don't often eat pie but my favourite, fish pie, isn't on the list. For sweet, cherry is my favourite. Yum.
Hi Val J. Must admit I was surprised that good old Fish Pie wasn't on the list, but maybe it's a generation thing and the poll asked younger people who tend to love meat dishes rather than fish dishes. I love plum pie.

Aysa, yeah ! another shepherds pie lover. yum. Do you make yours with lamb or beef mince?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2016, 09:04 PM

Yah husbands favourite is Apple mine is rhubarb, Grace likes lemon meringue and the boys love fish pie.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire

27-07-2016, 09:23 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Yah husbands favourite is Apple mine is rhubarb, Grace likes lemon meringue and the boys love fish pie.
Hi Julie, all those fruit pies taste yum with lashings of custard.
Love Lemon Meringue too but it is soooo fattening for me.

I also adore Fish Pie and got two super recipes from the recipe forum on here but fussy what fish goes in, it has to be Cod, Haddock or Pollock with Smoked Haddock. Hate Salmon and Prawns which seemed to be in every recipe that I came across until I was given these on OFF so use them all the time now.
Linda0818
USA
Linda0818 is female  Linda0818 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 03:25 PM

My favorite sweet pie is pumpkin. My favorite savory pie is chicken pot pie.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 03:48 PM

I found "Pie in the Sky" a fairly entertaining Pommie TV series.
Does that count ?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 03:58 PM

I like most pies but don't have them very often, otherwise I would look like I ate all the pies.

Tbh, I prefer the pastry to the filling.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2016, 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Pumicestone ->
I found "Pie in the Sky" a fairly entertaining Pommie TV series.
Does that count ?
We loved that too it's just finished a rerun here and it was just as enjoyable second time around.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top