Join for free
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2010, 12:21 PM

Air Show Excitement

I made a snap decision to attend the annual air show in town this weekend. It turned out to be a real physical challenge as added security at such events now means literally miles of walking from the opening gate to the airstrip and viewing area.

I didn't stay long because my tendinitis and arthritic left knee were aggravated by that walk. I managed to get a few nice shots due to the high technology equipment I carry these days. I had to freeze a racing plane in mid-air as it raced by the fans. I put the camera on continuous shooting and blasted-7 shots at once panning as it went by. Here's the best of the bunch. He was really moving that close to the ground. Gotta love my new VR(Vibration Reduction) lens.

Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2010, 02:13 PM

Re: Air Show Excitement

That's really nice Bob!
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2010, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
That's really nice Bob!
Not bad for panning as I blast away. Filled my buffer a number of times as I shoot in RAW. Love my new lens as it is sharp at all zoom ranges.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2010, 03:02 PM

Very impressive Bobmeilke.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-08-2010, 05:09 PM

I seldom if ever go to air shows as such but love air museums.

Rather than try to cut and paste a load of sites google `Duxford` or `Shuttleworth Old Warden`

As I have said before I`m still in touch with `Tim` who was RAF from a kid up until the 70`s. But many years ago I befriended a lovely elderly chap who had fallen on `times not quite fitting the station one was used to `

He had flown in WW1-Royal Flying Corps(not then RAF)` Bloody heaps of *rap but we flew them-fancy going out for a beer`?

RIP Bill-even at nearly 80 you could out drink me
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-08-2010, 12:01 AM

Super shot, Bob!

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top