Join for free
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 10:50 PM

Keith Richards

Anyone else watched the auto-biographical documentary portrait by Keith Richards tonight? It covered his childhood, through is schooldays and his being expelled then starting at art college, his musical influences right up to his chance reuniting with Mick Jagger on a train (they went to infants school together) and the start of the Rolling Stones.

All fascinating stuff, I found it very enjoyable.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-07-2016, 11:10 PM

Re: Keith Richards

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Anyone else watched the auto-biographical documentary portrait by Keith Richards tonight? It covered his childhood, through is schooldays and his being expelled then starting at art college, his musical influences right up to his chance reuniting with Mick Jagger on a train (they went to infants school together) and the start of the Rolling Stones.

All fascinating stuff, I found it very enjoyable.
I didn't but will try and catch it from somewhere. He does come across as a very interesting character, plus he is a damn good guitarist too.
Ambre
N/A
Ambre is female  Ambre has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 06:32 AM

It was very well documented, I find it fascinating to hear the background of characters like Keith, their childhood and events that set them on the road to fame

Also good to have something worth watching on a Saturday night, let's hope the BBC come up with more, similar programmes
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 07:15 AM

I watched it .
It was really good described an era that surely will never be replicated .
Humerus interesting man.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 07:20 AM

How anyone can put that amount of alcohol and drugs through their system and live is a minor miracle.

You can also see the influences Keith Richards had on Johnny Depp's creation of Jack Sparrow.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 09:17 AM

I didn't see the programme but I enjoyed listening Keith when he was on Desert Island Discs last year . An interesting man .

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b06kb0fw
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-07-2016, 09:47 AM

I think the guy is great. Who else falls out of a tree aged 62?
Floydy
Chatterbox
Nowhere
Floydy is male  Floydy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 03:02 PM

It was an excellent bit of film wasn't it, Judd?
If you haven't read his autobiography 'Life', I thoroughly recommend it. My favourite memoirs of anybody by quite a long way.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2016, 09:57 PM

I caught a bit of the program, my kind of man, honest and funny about his past and down to Earth about everything. Good luck to you Keith.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top