Join for free
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 11:27 PM

We Really Do Need Men! Don't We?

I love living on my own but when things go wrong... I wish l had a permanent man to lean on!!
In the last few days, these things have been problems and dilemmas to me!
1. A blocked drain and a broken anti flood valve
2. The dishwasher not washing properly!
3. The Internet and router not working
4. Not knowing which gas and electric tariff to choose!
5. My new prescription reading glasses are rubbish and make me feel ill!
...but guess what, l've sorted most of them...Sorry men, at the moment, you're surplus to requirement!!

Do you find, or would you find life difficult without a man?
I would really!!
Equally, Would you men find life difficult without a woman?
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 11:37 PM

Re: We Really Do Need Men! Don't We?

Well, Artangel, I am having to live without a man as mine died in May. I do have a Son & a Daughter though & they are & have been a big help. I am getting used to, gradually, being alone a lot of the time, during the week days.
My new specs are rubbish as well, took them back twice to be tweaked, but they still aren't right, have gone back to wearing my old pairs. I don't need them all the time though.
I have left everything as my OH had it, gas, electric, both with the same firm & BB/phone & TV, the latter 3 are all one tariff.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 11:40 PM

I've had a good 10 years on my own.
Holidays wiv da lads.
Holidays with the kids.
Holidays on my own.
No one to answer to.
Do things that I want, when I want and with whoever I want.
I've had some great relationships but backed off when it got too serious.
Do I want a permanent lady?
Do I hell
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by Tiffany ->
Well, Artangel, I am having to live without a man as mine died in May. I do have a Son & a Daughter though & they are & have been a big help. I am getting used to, gradually, being alone a lot of the time, during the week days.
My new specs are rubbish as well, took them back twice to be tweaked, but they still aren't right, have gone back to wearing my old pairs. I don't need them all the time though.
I have left everything as my OH had it, gas, electric, both with the same firm & BB/phone & TV, the latter 3 are all one tariff.
Tiffany, l rejected my glasses yesterday and got a full refund!!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

20-07-2016, 11:47 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I've had a good 10 years on my own.
Holidays wiv da lads.
Holidays with the kids.
Holidays on my own.
No one to answer to.
Do things that I want, when I want and with whoever I want.
I've had some great relationships but backed off when it got too serious.
Do I want a permanent lady?
Do I hell
Tipin.. As Mr Punch says it .... That's the way to do it!!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 11:47 PM

I must admit sometimes I could do with a little practical help, and it would be nice to have someone to discuss things with, I sometimes get weary of making every decision on my own.

On the other hand, I think I mostly manage quite well, and I'm usually a fairly happy soul, muddling along.
I think I've probably been on my own too long now to adapt to change very well.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

21-07-2016, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I must admit sometimes I could do with a little practical help, and it would be nice to have someone to discuss things with, I sometimes get weary of making every decision on my own.

On the other hand, I think I mostly manage quite well, and I'm usually a fairly happy soul, muddling along.
I think I've probably been on my own too long now to adapt to change very well.
Mups, You have bigger problems in comparison to mine!! Especially, with those tree roots! I do feel for you...
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 01:37 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
4. Not knowing which gas and electric tariff to choose!
Recently, my energy supplier, British Gas, wrote to advise me that my current contract was due to expire. Since, as I understand it, they are now legally bound to do so, they offered me a new competitive contract, for roughly the same price.

So far, so good.

In the very next paragraph, they suggested that I might consider a comparable contract with Sainsbury's, their energy partner, for 30% less then their price.

Same energy, same source, same conditions - just a different, nominal, supplier.

Obviously, I did some research and subsequently obtained an estimate from Sainsbury's - 30% less than British Gas. Based on that, I initiated the very simple internet switching process to Sainsbury's - essentially by just entering my details on their contract.

Apparently, the new direct debit payments will still be made to a British Gas account.

So, I'm bemused but several hundred pounds a year better off.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 05:22 AM

Ive lived alone for twenty five years now, and not regretted that choice.
Lila
London UK
Lila is female  Lila has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-07-2016, 06:25 AM

I've always lived without men. When there were jobs that I couldn't do alone I used to try to find women to do them (via Women in Manual Trades). But they still seem difficult to find, so often find I have to get men to do them.

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top