Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 02:35 PM

In my garden

Just popped outside and took a few photos at the back of the house.

(sorry, canīt remember what itīs called)

The oldest Lime tree has lots of Limes at the present time.

Bougainville

Bougainville and Jasmine

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 03:13 PM

Re: In my garden

How lovely to have fresh limes Loretta the shrubs are gorgeous I wish I could smell them .
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
How lovely to have fresh limes Loretta the shrubs are gorgeous I wish I could smell them .
If you can't grow flowers and plants in Spain then you aren't really trying.
BTW I have a lemon tree in my conservatory and we have fresh lemons on it each year....this year there are 13 of the little blighters on it
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 04:01 PM

Not quite true Malcolm. Most flowers and plants need a lot of water, something that is in very short supply around here. You could count the number of raindrops weīve had so far this year. I always find it strange that although virtually everyone has Lemon trees, Lime trees are rarely seen. Most of the Limes we see in the supermarkets are imported and they are, in my opinion, expensive, 3.75 to 5 euros a kilo. I donīt think Limes are grown commercially in Spain, I could be wrong, but I donīt think so.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 04:02 PM

Lovely Garden
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

20-07-2016, 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Thank you Mags. I have 2 Lime trees, but one got transplanted and is just beginning to make a recovery. We donīt expect any Lemons this year, the tree got a severe pruning, it was getting somewhat big, but itīs coming along nicely and maybe around Christmas time it will begin fruiting again.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

20-07-2016, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
Lovely Garden
Thank you. It keeps Mr Clumsy busy and out of mischief
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 04:36 PM

Lovely photos ... I bet the Jasmine smells heavenly. Wish I could sniff it.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 04:42 PM

that first pic has a lovely coloured flower clums,
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2016, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Not quite true Malcolm. Most flowers and plants need a lot of water, something that is in very short supply around here. You could count the number of raindrops weīve had so far this year. I always find it strange that although virtually everyone has Lemon trees, Lime trees are rarely seen. Most of the Limes we see in the supermarkets are imported and they are, in my opinion, expensive, 3.75 to 5 euros a kilo. I donīt think Limes are grown commercially in Spain, I could be wrong, but I donīt think so.
My very good friend lives near to Barcelona and he has the most magnificent gardens, with every plant you could imagine.
I do realise that water is not as plentiful there as it is here, but no winter frost and plenty of sunshine makes growing plants easy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top