Join for free
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 02:47 PM

is it just me

went into cardigan this morning,it was sweltering,so i thought i would call into a local pub with a garden,found a seat an table in the shade of a tree over looking the river,ordered a pint of shandy and a cople of ham rolls,sit back and watch the world go by,great.
then a mum an dad and 3 kids turned up,not so great,they were noisy,so was mum an dad,kids chargeing around the garden,mum on mobile telling the world where she was ,,,,,,

is it just me who is getting fed up with kids chargeing around pubs,and parents who couldnt give a toss,,,,

well iv had my say
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 02:52 PM

Re: is it just me

Couldn't agree more doctor - and not just in pubs. It gets on me wick on cafe's as well. I was never allowed to leave the table and run about making noise when we were out.
I find it often the same in shops. Kids frequently don't stay with their parents, they charge round the shop instead.
Perhaps we are just getting old and grumpy . .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 02:53 PM

Ban them from pubs .. pubs are for adults.
Why parents can't just leave them locked in the car boot I don't know.
No smoking in pubs now. Bad language is probably frowned upon. They've turned into crèches ... and what for? So we can teach kids to drink responsibly from an early age.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 03:04 PM

One of my pet hates, too, and in restaurants.

I remember the time when traditional pubs didn't even let women in (except those of 'a certain type'), let alone children.

And you could have a quiet smoke with your pint.

How things have changed, and not all for the good.
Boozercruiser
Chatterbox
Wales
Boozercruiser is male  Boozercruiser has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Ban them from pubs .. pubs are for adults.
Why parents can't just leave them locked in the car boot I don't know.
No smoking in pubs now. Bad language is probably frowned upon. They've turned into crèches ... and what for? So we can teach kids to drink responsibly from an early age.
No it certainly isn't just Doctor or you or me Mort or lots of other folk either.
For the reasons you give and Doc give, I avoid kids and pleb families like the ruddy plague.
I think there should be a new film made, and call it...

Little Pub Of Horrors!

susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 03:11 PM

Booked a table for pub lunch , on arrival the surrounding tables full of screechers so got up and moved to a quieter area . They could designate quiet areas for those who want to enjoy their meal in peace .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by susan m ->
Booked a table for pub lunch , on arrival the surrounding tables full of screechers so got up and moved to a quieter area . They could designate quiet areas for those who want to enjoy their meal in peace .
That would be a very good idea, or ban the noisy kids and their feckless parents altogether.

In the past, if invaded by such mental deficients, my wife and I have been known to just get up and walk out.
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 03:20 PM

There was a licensed restaurant near us which had four open kitchens for a choice of four different cuisines, up till 7.00pm on a Saturday, you could eat and mix and match as much as you liked for £10.99, around 6.00pm, the place was always packed to the gunnels, but the noise, you could not hear yourself think, and it wasn't just the kids, in normal pub restaurants, it usually is the kids causing mayhem, throw the kids out, and the only food available in PUBS should be Crisps, and the stuff off the Seafood Guy.
Ragdoll
Surrey,UK
Ragdoll is female  Ragdoll has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 03:22 PM

I totally agree with you all, and as Morticia said "Pubs are for adults" and would add Parks are for children to run off all their energy.

but we now have 'child friendly Pubs' no they are not, they are just a place for parents, who have no interest in their children's enjoyment, but only that they (the adults) can have a drink and to hell if it disrupts others enjoyment or peace
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 03:23 PM

When our children were young they had to sit at the table and behave when out or we would take them out immediately . Now the parents are usually too busy on their mobile phones to even notice what the children are doing .

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top