Join for free
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 10:54 AM

Liliya Shobukhova To Repay £377k

Liliya Shobukhova: Russian runner ordered to repay £377K to London Marathon
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/athletics/36834117

Originally Posted by BBC
Russian distance runner Liliya Shobukhova has been ordered to repay £377,361 plus costs to London Marathon organisers by the British High Court.

The 38-year-old won the 2010 London Marathon but was later banned for 38 months for doping.

The judgement to recover her appearance fees and prize money for the 2010 and 2011 races needs enforcing by Russia.
Russian doping: Olympic chiefs to decide on sanctions after McLaren report
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/36829318

Originally Posted by BBC
Russia should be banned from this summer's Olympics and Paralympics after evidence was found of a four-year, state-sponsored doping programme, says the World Anti-Doping Agency.
And I thought they had a grip on doping - far from it.

Why was the report commissioned?

Originally Posted by BBC
The commission was set up to look into claims by Grigory Rodchenkov, the former head of Russia's national anti-doping laboratory, that he doped dozens of athletes, including at least 15 medallists, in the build-up to Sochi.

He claims this was the result of an elaborate and orchestrated plot with the Russian government, which exploited its host status to subvert the drug-testing programme. The country's government has repeatedly denied the claims.

Rodchenkov, now in hiding in the United States, also alleges he doped athletes before the 2012 Olympics in London, the 2013 World Athletics Championships in Moscow and the 2015 World Swimming Championships in Kazan.
Doping on a massive scale.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 05:46 PM

Re: Liliya Shobukhova To Repay £377k

Hey .. which country doesn't send in 100% proof super saturated steroid athletes. Did every Chinese Olympiad just duck under cover?

Have I got this right?
The case against the Russian governments complicity is based solely on the word of one chap?
The chap who claims he used to do the fiddling of the tests and has since defected from Russia and now lives and wants to remain in the US? He's bartering this information as a kind of 'Let me in to your country I'm a good guy' kind of bargaining plea.
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 06:03 PM

Never mind the Russians and their dope, what about hyperandrogenism ?

I was reading a very long article on FB this morning about Caster Semenya and 'her' levels of testosterone.

I believe she's competing in the 800 meters ... my friend's DIL (who will be in this coming Olympics) won't stand a chance.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 09:00 PM

I've seen him, her and no way is she a she ,she's a he.

Rachel
Chatterbox
UK
Rachel is female  Rachel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2016, 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I've seen him, her and no way is she a she ,she's a he.

Yep

Good pic.
I've looked at a number of 'her' today

Extraordinary
Rachel
Chatterbox
UK

23-07-2016, 10:06 AM

Accordingto my friend, his DIL really won't stand much of a chance in the 800mts because it is likely that 5 of these 'women' with excess testosterone will be competing.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top