Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 01:44 PM

Passing on Experience

Something I saw in the paper today made me think.
It's all very well being wise AFTER an event, but are there things you wished you had known 20 or 30 years ago?

What would you tell the grandkids about do/don'ts in life from your new found wisdom?
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 02:22 PM

Re: Passing on Experience

Enjoy life to the fullest, that a life time is really very short .

Always make sure you have enough money for emergencies so you dont have to borrow off anyone .

Be thoughtful to others, remember you could be in their shoes one day.
Ambre
N/A
Ambre is female  Ambre has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 02:26 PM

Don't take people at face value, just because somebody is nice to you dosn't mean they're your friend

Never borrow or lend anybody money

Make sure you always have a bit of money put by
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
What would you tell the grandkids about do/don'ts in life from your new found wisdom?
Emigrate!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 02:33 PM

SMUT ALERT----To my fictional male offspring,always take a condom,a change of socks and clean underpants,your tooth brush and a comb when going to a disco. But try not to make it too obvious.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 02:49 PM

The advice I have always given to several of my grand-daughter's who almost all have brothers, is the following.....

You were raised as young ladies and if you wish to be treated like a young lady then you have to act like a young lady. That means....

Never never never act like one of the boys when you are with your brothers and their friends....

No approval of any of the boys swearing in front of you, (a startled ..did you just use that filthy swearword in front of me? look is definitely a must)

No laughing at either your brother's or their friends filthy jokes, (straight face and a tut absolutely a must).

No letting brother's friends ever see you without you looking fabulous at all time.

Always act coyly and ladylike when mixing with your brothers friends at social do's. ( The noisy, loud, one of the boys type of girl never gets taken home to meet mum and dad. )

On your first date with one of your brother's friends, which most local lads are, never ever kiss them, always wait for them to kiss you.

On your first, second and even third date, never ever let them touch you up or get you into bed. You will be classed as easy the moment the relationship ends.

Never let your brother's friends see you in a temper or a bad mood. Reputations are made on what they see is your character.

and finally,

Never ever character assassinate other girls to your brother's friends, it just makes you look and sound a bitch !

my girls take the micky out of their nan but hopefully they heed all of my advice...
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 02:50 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
SMUT ALERT----To my fictional male offspring,always take a condom,a change of socks and clean underpants,your tooth brush and a comb when going to a disco. But try not to make it too obvious.
Id say thats good advice OG
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 02:54 PM

Unlike me to be serious but I did pass on a tip to one of my grand nephews-he was starting to play cricket. Don`t hold the ball too far in your hand,it wants to be on your fingertips,and then the wrist action.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 03:22 PM

I'm not a grandfather yet, thank God.

Don't eat yellow snow would be one.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2016, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
Couldn't agree more.
Combs are a big no.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top