Join for free
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 07:48 AM

Lightening Up

Hi

All this doom and gloom around us, Remainers and Brexiteers, ISIS, Political infighting etc seems to have infected the forum as well as the world in general.

There is no need to fall out or get argumentative, there is a funny side to everything.

Laughter is always the best medicine, I have no intention at all of becoming a Grumpy Old Man.

I was thinking this morning, all this fuss and bother about the new Cabinet.

The real question is this.

With May as Prime Minister and Hammond as Chancellor, what is going to happen to Clarkson and The Stig?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 07:49 AM

Re: Lightening Up

Project fear will get them.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 07:53 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Project fear will get them.
Hi

Possibly, but can you imagine Clarkson as Minister for Transport?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 08:00 AM

Nah he should have the Boris job, i remember his Meet the Neighbours TV series, when he took the P out of the likes of the Germans and French, also his mocking of the special relationship between the UK and USA.

Not sue about Stig mind.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 08:39 AM

A 'Lightening Up' thread..but still discussing Politics?...BORING..so include Me out..I HATE EVERYBODY..so there
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
A 'Lightening Up' thread..but still discussing Politics?...BORING..so include Me out..I HATE EVERYBODY..so there
Tempted to join you but it's a new day forgive and forget and live to fight another day is name of the game I think for me.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 09:21 AM

Boris reminds me of Tomsk (womble) Theresa (annoyingly spelled) May looks like Parker and Gove, if he's still about, looks like Pob.
That keeps me going!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland

14-07-2016, 09:29 AM

Course you do.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 09:54 AM

Iv'e woken up this morning, the Sunshine is pouring through the window, There is exactly only 20 minutes to go until I can take this bloody oxygen dodah thing out of my nose for 9 whole hours of escape.
He who must obey has gone to work after leaving my Daily Mail on the breakfast bar along with a kettle filled with fresh water for my second mug of tea, I'm so looking forward to having a big dish of Cornflakes with ice cold milk and a
huge spoon of sugar (sod it), followed by a perfectly boiled egg with toasted soldiers and real butter, followed by a third mug of tea cos I will have downed the second one reading all the headlines in the paper first.

Life feels wonderful and I count my blessings.
I am off into the garden after breakfast accompanied by my Take A Break magazine and a huge glass of fresh orange juice to complete all the puzzles and crosswords first then read all the true stories. What more could I ask. Please please sunshine, stay just where you are, I will be with you in just a little while.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2016, 10:43 AM

A 'Lightening Up' thread..but still discussing Politics?.

I agree May.
Sorry Swimmy, but what's the point, you know how it will descend, there is no such thing as cheerful politics!

Well done Shroppy for being so optimistic inspite of your health problems.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top