Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
suki
hertfordshire uk
suki is female  suki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2010, 06:31 PM

A Friend?

Just been speaking to a friend who
told me that she had a birthday BBQ
a couple of weeks ago, and had 18
guests turn up, I was'nt invited, I invited
her to my 50th.
Oh well never mind, she does'nt think, but
I do favours for her quite a lot, like boarding
a sow with one of my boars so it can have
babies, which she then sells on to pet shops,
I pay for the keep of the animal, she does'nt give me
anything, I have had four babies off her though, but can't
keep having them as I don't have the space.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2010, 08:35 PM

Re: A Friend?

More like a user than a friend, from that description.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2010, 10:07 PM

That does sound a bit one-sided Suki. Next time she wants to use one of boars, perhaps you should ask for a stud fee instead of a piglet.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-08-2010, 10:26 PM

The thing with the birthday BBQ would have upset me quite a lot.. I'd be asking myself what I got out of this friendship.

She sounds like a user - You can do without friends like that.
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2010, 08:16 AM

What is a friend?

A friend is someone who is always there for you whenever you need them and asks for nothing in return.

We may, if lucky, have a handful of true friends in our lifetime.

An aquaintance is someone who is always near you and expects you to provide for their friendship.
They are always there when handouts are required from you but never there in a moment of crisis.
If we are lucky we will never have many of these but that never seems to happen, you can find them on any street corner.

I think this person is the latter.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2010, 08:36 AM

We may, if lucky, have a handful of true friends in our lifetime.

I think that is true Antibrown. I have always been put off when people talk about everyone they have contact with as "friends". For me aquaintances are nice to have, the more the better, but people I think of as friends are far fewer. A true friend is someone I can disclose anything to and I know they will try to understand and support me and vice-versa.
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2010, 08:53 AM

Who needs enemies with a friend like that! She does sound like a user and I would dump her!
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2010, 11:53 AM

Good friends are hard to come by. I have known a lot of people over the years, but in the long run I discovered the only true friend I have is my wife, I know it sounds corny but it's a fact.
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2010, 12:01 PM

I would have been hurt too because it's not something I'd do to another person. Sadly there are a lot of them out there, I have just one true good friend and she is all I need.
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-08-2010, 01:15 PM

Originally Posted by suki ->
Just been speaking to a friend who
told me that she had a birthday BBQ
a couple of weeks ago, and had 18
guests turn up, I was'nt invited, I invited
her to my 50th.
Oh well never mind, she does'nt think, but
I do favours for her quite a lot, like boarding
a sow with one of my boars so it can have
babies, which she then sells on to pet shops,
I pay for the keep of the animal, she does'nt give me
anything, I have had four babies off her though, but can't
keep having them as I don't have the space.
I have two good friends on this planet. One is 3000 miles from me and the second lives close at hand. I do favors for Warren here because he is my best friend. These favors sometimes are inconvenient but I do them cheerfully because - he is my friend.

If you're doing favors expecting something in return maybe you should stop doing them.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top