Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 09:06 AM

Do You Stockpile?

I am guilty of stockpiling...... dishwasher tablets, soap powder, floor cleaners and toilet paper!
I am now wondering if this is false economy? My dishwasher isn't cleaning properly even though l've cleaned the filter and topped it up with salt and rinse aid. The reason might be that l haven't used the dishwasher tablets in date sequence, so perhaps they are past their use-by date....if they have them?
I think l need to stop stockpiling and buy as l need!
Do you stockpile?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 09:13 AM

Re: Do You Stockpile?

Yes my husband always says if end of the world as we know it comes we could live on my freezer and cupboard contents for nearly a year. I wait for things to be reduced and pounce.

Popped into morrisons on the way home last night for carrots and came home with 50 bread rolls, now frozen and only cost £1 !
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 09:14 AM

I've always got plenty in the freezer, and plenty of food for the dogs, but don't think I stockpile anything else.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 09:25 AM

No I don't stockpile,but I always keep My freezer full, and cupboards well stocked...,living alone it's sensible as there are times when We can't get out and about for some reasons like being ill with flu' etc'..so I won't starve
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 09:34 AM

Yes we stockpile, everything, we could easily survive for a year or more with the food we have stored in freezers and cupboards.
And BTW Art....dishwasher tablets don't go off !
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 09:37 AM

Yes with cleaning things, the garage shelves are full of offers I never buy full price.

Not food though, I like it as fresh as possible.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I've always got plenty in the freezer, and plenty of food for the dogs, but don't think I stockpile anything else.
Mups, I had forgotten the freezer, until you mentioned it!! I have three freezers packed full with food and there's only me!
Maybe, l should stop shopping for a few weeks and eat out of the freezer!
Actually, it makes you wonder, what would be the amount of food that is contained in freezers across the country?!!
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 09:51 AM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Mups, I had forgotten the freezer, until you mentioned it!! I have three freezers packed full with food and there's only me!
Maybe, l should stop shopping for a few weeks and eat out of the freezer!
Actually, it makes you wonder, what would be the amount of food that is contained in freezers across the country?!!
Not enough if there was a real emergency I believe.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 09:52 AM

I wish I could stock-pile Art
But as soon as I've shopped...It's gone!
The only things I double up on are
Bread (quadruple up on)!
Milk
Butter
Toothpaste
Shampoo and
Toilet rolls!
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-07-2016, 10:04 AM

I used to years ago. No longer. After my mum died I completely evaluated stockpiling after having to go through all her possessions. Six teapots had to go, thirty set of towels just in case mum had a visitor

I like clean lines and being able to find things. I just find it easier to clean too.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top