Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 08:32 PM

Helloooooo! is there anyone out there SOB! to talk to??????

Is there anyone for me to talk to this evening? Or are you all like my "he who must obey".

He has been happily sitting here like a zombie all day just opening his mouth like some tiny fledgling to intake the food that has been offered to him. Most of the day has been lovely, I have been sitting outside on the deck with a great book because I have given up on him to keep me company. He has not taken his eyes off that flippin television screen since this morning. First F1, then Wimbledon and now Euro 16.

Now, far be it for me to complain, Usually at least 4 out of 6 of my gorilla’s would normally also be round here to watch the match with him, helping themselves to all my food and taking all the space up in the front room watching France v Portugal and I would be once again practising my apology speech for the noise to both neighbours when I face them tomorrow - especially for the filthy language that would have without fail been heard half way down the street. (what is it with grown men, football and the need to complete every sentence with the F word at the top of their voice???)
Even worse is the thought that there may even after the 90 minutes, be another extra 30 minutes if a draw, then penalty shoot outs. Groan!
Again, after that it will be the post mortem for another 30 minutes and finally over to the news on BBC1 to wait for the sports roundup and watch all the highlights again.

I wouldn’t mind but I have taped at least 20 Romcoms from Film 24 and I haven’t had the chance to watch even one of them!! Grrr Oh well, one consolation I suppose is that since I am recovering from my illness, the gorillas have been considerate and stayed at home to watch the sport on their own tv’s and I have the luxury of having the whole sofa to myself.. Hee hee.

I’ve tried to talk to he who must obey but it’s impossible. He just about manages to tear his eyes away from the television screen and and even then ends up looking at me with something like fear in them because I have given him cause to look away and he may miss something important !!

I GIVE UP ! Hence the reason for the laptop being out….. but is there anyone out there or are you all either in the same boat as me or eyes glued to the television screen?

I hate football ! Do you?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 08:34 PM

Re: Helloooooo! is there anyone out there SOB! to talk to??????

See several of my posts on slinging your hook. At least you can talk to yourself xxx x
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 08:37 PM

PS I like football
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 08:37 PM

Yep, I have youngest home from uni whose addicted to Judge Judy! Bleh!
At least I got to watch The Musketeers last night!
I've been trying to do my garden today but, Wasband 2 was "finishing" my back porch, swearing, cursing and banging about so I daren't try to get past. It's still not finished, only been about a year doing it!
By the time he left it was raining.
A well, there's always tomorrow well hopefully!
APRICOT
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
APRICOT is female  APRICOT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 08:38 PM

"He must be obeyed".
You are letting the side down there Gal.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 08:38 PM

You can talk to me all you like. Can't guarantee I'll listen, mind...
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 08:39 PM

PS I hate football, but tennis is ok.
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 08:39 PM

I hate football too
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2016, 08:41 PM

I like both tennis and football ..... and F1, it was like a bonus day today!
[whispers] .... and there's more to come!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

10-07-2016, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by APRICOT ->
"He must be obeyed".
You are letting the side down there Gal.
No she's not! She said "he who must obey" which sounds spot on to me

Although by the sound of it he doesn't always obey...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top