View Poll Results: Are you religious?
Yes 3 10.00%
No 23 76.67%
Undecided 4 13.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 03:57 PM

Are you religous ?

Do you believe the bible if you're a Christian or do you believe in another faith, or do you have any faith at all ?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 04:04 PM

Re: Are you religous ?

Added a poll and moved to the polls section
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 05:34 PM

Are you religious ?
Do you believe the bible if you're a Christian or do you believe in another faith, or do you have any faith at all ?
No, I am not religious and no longer observe any religion,neither do I believe in the concept of a god or gods.

When I was a practising Christian, for me the bible was a set of rules, a book setting out a doctrine to be followed without question.
Now I see it as a book containing little more than fairy stories which were used to keep many people subservient.

It was interesting listening to the BBC reporter Michael Buerk on the radio today talking about the time when he was reporting on the famine in Ethiopia . He said something along the lines of having surveyed those visions of hell he lost all religious beliefs.
I think for many people myself included, as we grow and experience life we start to question once strongly held beliefs and see them as shallow and without foundation. Being without a faith doesn't mean that we nonbelievers are without principles and many of us continue to do all we can to help our fellow man....
suey
Shropshire
suey is female  suey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 07:35 PM

Most wars are caused by religion I won't say I am a non believer but I value family and friends and the principles of being kind and not lying...
"Do unto them as they do unto you" or something like that
nero
Central Scotland
nero is male  nero has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-08-2009, 08:02 PM

I'm non believer too, the reason I asked the question is that most of the forum's members are elderly, a case of the older you get the nearer you come to your god in hope of salvation.

You don't have to be a Christian to be kind or do good things, the Bible was written by very clever men centuries ago, it was like a rule book and the clergy made people live by the rules in it.

Most wars have been fought over beliefs about religion since time began, there's a war going on now between Christians and Muslims and for what ? it's like two prize fighters, the one left standing will be the winner, very worrying, where will it all end.

I think it was Lenin who said "religion is the opium of the masses".
nero
Central Scotland

31-08-2009, 10:04 AM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=76ohvqwsNkk
Vicki
Croydon, Surrey
Vicki is female 

01-09-2009, 08:02 AM

No, I'm an atheist........
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 03:58 PM

Brought up catholic, convent school etc. plus Sunday afternoons at the convent with nuns persuading us to become nuns!!

No, sadly I have lost all respect and belief in the church . . . a visit to midnight mass this Christmas gone did nothing to rekindle my belief, infact it acted to convince me that I was right to move away from the church as I found it completely lacking in inspiration or credibility.
Alicat
West Berkshire
Alicat is female  Alicat has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-09-2009, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by suey ->
Most wars are caused by religion I won't say I am a non believer but I value family and friends and the principles of being kind and not lying...

Completely agree with you suey. Also when you think of a few Catholic priests that abuse young children it makes you wonder what it's all about.
nero
Central Scotland

01-09-2009, 07:33 PM

Originally Posted by suey ->
I thought it was "do unto them before they do it to you".

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top