Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 11:37 PM

A busy couple of days

Well what a bloomin' day I've had. I'm exhausted.

I have still got my house insurance/ombudsman claim rumbling on . . and on. . . and on . . it is really tiresome now. The ombudsman has ruled in my favour, but the insurers won't accept that and so the arguments continue on . . . and on.

I have also been on the phone and email to my dog insurance company to try and get some sense out of them today. A pleasant young man said he would send confirmation of what I was asking, but when it arrived via email, it wasn't what I'd asked for at all.
Re emailed him - as yet, no reply.

Then, like an idiot, I decided to end paper billing with my water authority and opt for online bills in future, but without direct debit, I would rather just pay the quarterly bill when it comes.
I read my water meter and gave them an up to date reading and they said they would send my bill.
Shortly afterwards it came via email, but when I printed it I noticed there was no payment slip with it.
I phoned them up and asked how I pay without the payment slip?
They apologised and said they would send another bill out.
A while later the revised bill came - again without the payment slip.
I phoned them again, and while I was waiting to be put through to someone, another bill came - without a payment slip!!
Eventually a nice lady said she would have to send me a 'payment card' for this quarter, then it would come right next time.
Another bill arrived. No payment card - and no payment slip.
I gave up at that point.

Just about the whole of this afternoon was wasted trying to get some sense out of companies, and was unbelievably frustrating. All these calls start with the recorded message saying "Press 1 for . . . Press 2 for . . . etc. It nearly drove me nuts.

Meanwhile the dogs are barking while I'm on the phone, because idiots keep stuffing Pizza leaflets or Indian restaurant leaflets through me door when I have asked them not to. Then a courier came to ask me to take in a parcel for a neighbour. Then a couple of scam calls tried their luck and amongst all that, my mobile was going off.

How can some folks say they have a boring, quiet day?
I've got ironing stacked up in a pile nearly as big as me, grass to cut, plants to repot, housework to catch up on, vets again tomorrow, take car in for a service, and shopping to get. Oh for a quiet, boring day . . sigh. . .
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 11:51 PM

Re: A busy couple of days

Oh dear Mups ..... I think you should lie down in a darkened room ...

Sending (((hugs)))
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 11:53 PM

Yes, I'm off to do that anytime now Myrtle.
Just finishing a little tipple of my Sloe Gin I made last autumn.
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 11:55 PM

Aw Mups - you need to get away. (((hug)))
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 12:38 AM

Gosh Mups....sounds like you haven't got a lot going for you!!
Never mind you've got the washing up to look forward to over at the imminent party!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-07-2016, 08:00 AM

Yes Art, that should be something to look forward to.

Do you know, I am really fed up with having to sort out problems. They are coming so fast and furious at the moment and I'm getting very tired of it. I'm quite a happy soul if I'm left to potter about doing things I enjoy, it's other people who louse up your day isn't it.

I am seeing the vet with Gertie again today and going to ask for a referral to a veterinary cardiologist I have spoken to. I want to be 100% sure what is going on with her heart because I'd hate to discover in the future that I could have done something for her and didn't. She's a very happy little pup, I'd hate to lose her because I hadn't explored every avenue.

Wonder what else today will bring. . .
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 08:06 AM

Whatever you do Mups, don't open that brown envelope that just came through your letterbox!
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 08:08 AM

Today has got to better surely
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

07-07-2016, 08:11 AM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Whatever you do Mups, don't open that brown envelope that just came through your letterbox!

Oooh don't EZ.

Abbey, I do hope so. Give it a few more hours and I shall know.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-07-2016, 08:18 AM

Oh dear, poor Mups!
Frustrating dealing with firms isn't it!
When I first moved here ( from across the road)
British Gas suddenly started sending me bills for an address in London I'd never heard of! They kept saying they'd sorted it out, but it kept coming! Eventually I wrote to their big boss personally, he dealt with it straight away. Try that if you don't get any joy with your billing.
Be careful with pizza leaflets, there was a warning about dogs being very sick after tearing them up when they came through the letterbox. It's something to do with the printing ink.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top