Join for free
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2016, 12:47 PM

Psychiatrist -v- Bartender

Ever since I was a kid, I've always had a fear of someone under my bed at night.

So I went to a shrink and told him: “I've got problems. Every time I go to bed I think there's somebody under it. I'm scared. I think I'm going crazy.”

“Just put yourself in my hands for one year, said the shrink. Come talk to me three times a week and we should be able to get rid of those fears . “How much do you charge?”

“One hundred fifty dollars per visit,” replied the doctor.

“I'll sleep on it,” I said.

Six months later the doctor met me on the street. “Why didn't you come to see me about those fears you were having?” He asked.

“Well, $150 a visit, three times a week for a year, is $23,400.00. A bartender cured me for $10.00.

I was so happy to have saved all that money that I went and bought a new pickup truck.”

“Is that so?” with a bit of an attitude he said, "and how, may I ask, did a bartender cure you?”

“He told me to cut the legs off the bed.

Ain't nobody under there now.”

It's always better to get a second opinion.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top