Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 08:20 PM

I hate my job - Grrrrr

So,

Does anyone else?

I'm just fed up.
Take a week off and on day 2......

Phone calls from subbies where I've already explained the job three times, so just repeat myself.
20 odd emails from the office.
30 + phone calls........from all and sundry.

I really am fed up. Don't think I've ever taken a holiday where I can be left alone..
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 08:50 PM

Re: I hate my job - Grrrrr

Nope sorry currently loving my job we had a change of management and I was tuped over and the new company are lovely, really nice managers appreciate hard work and the years of bullying are over.

But I do feel for you really I do, not nice being unhappy at work.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by fender ->
So,

Does anyone else?

I'm just fed up.
Take a week off and on day 2......

Phone calls from subbies where I've already explained the job three times, so just repeat myself.
20 odd emails from the office.
30 + phone calls........from all and sundry.

I really am fed up. Don't think I've ever taken a holiday where I can be left alone..
Hi Garry
Hope you are having a nice time.
Did you get my text and email?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 09:12 PM

So,

Does anyone else?
Just walk away. Trust me, the world WILL keep spinning.

I did it, back in 2012. After 30 years in my career I was starting to realise it was all pointless. I was working for stupid high level management who had mostly sold their souls for personal delivery bonuses or sold their souls to the Masons. No-one cares about you. Performance appraisals are a joke, a crooked mechanism to reduce the pay bill. Smart targets are the way they rig that process.

If you don't wake up you will find that you have spent your entire life working for other people and in your final moments you ask yourself, why didn't I just live, just do the things I wanted to? It was my life, why did I effectively give it over to a bunch of thankless brainless masters !

So in 2012 I just quit, took VR, took a pay off and walked away and have never looked back.

Every morning I wake up naturally (no alarm clocks) and think, what shall I do? Shall I go back to sleep? Get up? Go out for breakfast, go grab a coffee? Go for walk, go to the driving range and hit a few balls . . . .

Freedom is priceless.

Anyone can be free, but you first have to divest yourself of the wants and desires that commercial life has programmed you with. You don't need fancy cars, Sky TV, expensive holidays, smart phones, iPads etc.

You need basic food and water, a roof over your head, and basic services.

Live simple, live free.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 09:16 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
Just walk away. Trust me, the world WILL keep spinning.

I did it, back in 2012. After 30 years in my career I was starting to realise it was all pointless. I was working for stupid high level management who had mostly sold their souls for personal delivery bonuses or sold their souls to the Masons. No-one cares about you. Performance appraisals are a joke, a crooked mechanism to reduce the pay bill. Smart targets are the way they rig that process.

If you don't wake up you will find that you have spent your entire life working for other people and in your final moments you ask yourself, why didn't I just live, just do the things I wanted to? It was my life, why did I effectively give it over to a bunch of thankless brainless masters !

So in 2012 I just quit, took VR, took a pay off and walked away and have never looked back.

Every morning I wake up naturally (no alarm clocks) and think, what shall I do? Shall I go back to sleep? Get up? Go out for breakfast, go grab a coffee? Go for walk, go to the driving range and hit a few balls . . . .

Freedom is priceless.

Anyone can be free, but you first have to divest yourself of the wants and desires that commercial life has programmed you with. You don't need fancy cars, Sky TV, expensive holidays, smart phones, iPads etc.

You need basic food and water, a roof over your head, and basic services.

Live simple, live free.
He is the boss
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
Hi Garry
Hope you are having a nice time.
Did you get my text and email?
Nope?..............
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

05-07-2016, 09:23 PM

Oh yeah.....I didn't send any....but tomorrow is another day
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 09:26 PM

I too hate my job, we were taken over last year by a rival company who frankly would have been the last company I would have worked for,now its all pressure, having to meet targets and get to calls at certain times with no allowance for travel, I was one of the unlucky ones who didn't get made redundant I will probably get to a point where I'll just jack it all in, and go and work at tesco or somewhere oh to be able to retire!!!
fender
Chatterbox
SE England

05-07-2016, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
He is the boss
Not quite mate - the MD is above me...

I wish I could pack it in Realist, but I still have a mortgage to pay and so on.

I just have one of those thankless jobs where the buck stops with me for everything.
Engineers, suppliers, subbies, profit & loss - you name it!
It's very difficult to switch off and be left alone.

Sometimes I'd rather take a drop in salary and go back to being an engineer...
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

05-07-2016, 10:04 PM

Not quite mate - the MD is above me...

I wish I could pack it in Realist, but I still have a mortgage to pay and so on.

I just have one of those thankless jobs where the buck stops with me for everything.
Engineers, suppliers, subbies, profit & loss - you name it!
It's very difficult to switch off and be left alone.

Sometimes I'd rather take a drop in salary and go back to being an engineer...
You could've carried on the joke....ha

Chin up mate......it'll all come good, I'm sure.
Your boss shouldn't expect you to answer Cali's whilst on holiday....that's ridiculous.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top