Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 11:16 AM

Death threats

Death threats made against Nigel Farage:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ip-leader.html
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 11:17 AM

Re: Death threats

Hi

Yet another example of the stupidity of the vitriolic campaign we have had.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 12:23 PM

This is how silly the whole Brexit debacle is becoming. I never liked Farage but he did set out his stall right from the start of his political career. I do however get irked when politicians (all sides) benefit from very lucrative salaries from MEP membership. One questions that.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 12:40 PM

I think they earn every penny.
I wouldn't like the unwanted attention it attracts and the security that surrounds the position.

No thanks.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 12:48 PM

If you read through the comments following that Daily Mail article you will see some rather childish, and sometimes threatening responses from the vociferous remainiacs. Look at some of their usernames, for example, to support my assertion.

When I read them, the pictures in my mind were of young people you will see in student union bars in any third rate university who have obtained a couple of easy A-levels and gone off to study 'meeja studies' and think they know more than anyone else. These are the ones who, having a great deal of spare time on their hands, go off marching through London (and elsewhere) demonstrating against everything and anything. In the old days before Labour's vision of 50% of school leavers going to university, these young people would have been looking for work and gaining far more useful experience in 'real life'.

But before I put on my tin hat, let me point out that I am not talking about the people on here who voted to remain in the EU and had, presumably, a much more informed opinion.
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 01:10 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
If you read through the comments following that Daily Mail article you will see some rather childish, and sometimes threatening responses from the vociferous remainiacs. Look at some of their usernames, for example, to support my assertion.

When I read them, the pictures in my mind were of young people you will see in student union bars in any third rate university who have obtained a couple of easy A-levels and gone off to study 'meeja studies' and think they know more than anyone else. These are the ones who, having a great deal of spare time on their hands, go off marching through London (and elsewhere) demonstrating against everything and anything. In the old days before Labour's vision of 50% of school leavers going to university, these young people would have been looking for work and gaining far more useful experience in 'real life'.

But before I put on my tin hat, let me point out that I am not talking about the people on here who voted to remain in the EU and had, presumably, a much more informed opinion.

What is it with you old people. Less of the attacks on young people. I have actually visited forums for the younger generation and have been really impressed with their intelligent debating skills.

Unlike one sided debating here.

The affects of policy are not going to affect us as we will all be dead and burried.

Let's get on with trying to rebuild the UK and stop making personal attacks on people who voted how they chose.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 01:11 PM

Some people mistake free speech to mean they can say whatever they wish including threats. It's time as a nation we do something about that and really come down hard on this sort of thing. At the moment it feels like very little is done about it.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 01:19 PM

I do not agree with his views but he does strike me as genuine. I wish him and his family a safe and happy retirement.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-07-2016, 01:30 PM

Hi

My two are both intelligent and articulate and well qualified.

So are their two cousins.

They all earn far more than I ever did, all voted to remain and three out of the four of them are leaving the UK.

None of them are what you would call left wing, none of them have useless degrees in worthless subjects.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

05-07-2016, 01:48 PM

Once again, people failing to read a post properly.

Did I say it was ALL young people?

Oh, and Goldilocks, you are an old person too!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top