Join for free
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 01:29 PM

Two people remanded after shooting of one year old boy.

Poor child, critical in hospital after being shot in the head.

There's some sick b'stids in this world.
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.../amp/36697443#
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 01:31 PM

Re: Two people remanded after shooting of one year old boy.

What on earth ? why would anyone have a gun around a small child ? Poor little lad.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 08:55 PM

I know that area of Bristol, it was probably a gun used for rabbiting etc.
Very sad for that poor little lad.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 09:32 PM

These could well be examples of those sick people who go around shooting cats.

I hope they are issued a 'meaningful' sentence.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 10:18 PM

The latest news in our local paper ...

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/man-24-...ail/story.html
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 10:19 PM

It was most likely an accident ! I know, because this sort of thing nearly happened to my son !

One day a young man (late teens) called in to our cottage in the village. He lived in the next village to us and had been one of the local sea scouts which my husband ran, in our village. (There was a canal running through our village, hence the sea scout troop). I'll call the young man David. He had called in after work to show me that he had just bought an air gun - it was a pistol not a rifle.

My son, who was about 16 months old was playing with his toys in his 'lobster pot ' play pen which was in the middle of our sitting room. David was waving the gun about so I told him to stop doing that because it may go off accidentally, and my son was in the middle of the room. He stopped waving it around and apologised and said that it was not loaded, and he promptly pulled the trigger to demonstrate that the gun was empty. Rather a stupid thing to do at any time.

The pellet shot from the pistol, hit one wall, ricocheted at an angle on to the window wall, then on to my york stone fireplace, falling onto the hearth. The pellet indentations in the walls were at my son's head height, and the track of the pellet went all around my son, missing him.

I'm afraid I instinctively rushed at David, punching him as hard as I was physically capable of, fortunately for him I missed his face and caught him on the shoulder, knocking him off his feet. I, for some reason, stopped myself from kicking him and punching him again. I grabbed his shirt front and I must have looked rather murderous - he was as white as a sheet and looked visibly shocked. He blurted out that he was terribly sorry, that he honestly thought the gun was empty.

Without another word I dragged him to the door and shoved him out. He kept saying he was terribly sorry, and staggered down the path to his car. I was shaking so much with the shock of such a miraculous miss.

So you see I know from personal experience how these things can so easily happen when somebody messes about with a gun of any sort. They would never have dreamed of deliberately shooting a little tot, but it happens.

They will never be able to forget that incident, particularly if the child dies.

David plucked up courage to return to visit, about a week later, and looking decidedly miserable told me that he sold the gun the very next day, and that he would never ever buy another. He was true to his word. He was a lucky fella, and we were a lucky family. My son was never aware of the incident until I told him some years later.

People sometimes don't think. Don't consider possible consequences of their actions. That is when tragedies can so easily happen. We were very lucky.

My heart goes out to the family and all concerned, I almost know what you must be going through.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 10:50 PM

I don't see it that way.
If it were an accident they'd not be remanded.
The only reasons for remanding Is:
a) that the accused may reoffend
b) take flight and not answer to bail
c) for their own safety
Edit: read link supplied before commenting.
GillyT
Nottingham, England
GillyT is female  GillyT has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-07-2016, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by Tpin ->
I don't see it that way.
If it were an accident they'd not be remanded.
The only reasons for remanding Is:
a) that the accused may reoffend
b) take flight and not answer to bail
c) for their own safety
Edit: read link supplied before commenting.
You must have seen the latest news. The man has been remanded for his own safety, as there have been gangs out looking for addresses. I suspect, anyway, that those two will have to move away from the area. Hopefully they will have learned a terrible lesson. Too late for the little boy or the family.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK

04-07-2016, 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by GillyT ->
You must have seen the latest news. The man has been remanded for his own safety, as there have been gangs out looking for addresses. I suspect, anyway, that those two will have to move away from the area. Hopefully they will have learned a terrible lesson. Too late for the little boy or the family.
No I hadn't seen the latest news about the reasons for his remand but I did read the link posted.......unfortunately after I'd replied.
Hence my edit.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top