Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2010, 01:10 PM

Labour Gov.com!!!!

We recieved a leaflet throught the post from 'Brighthouse' store and to say that they are fleecing anyone who deals with them is an understatement.

Their prices are nearly twice what you could pay from other similar store and the rate of interest is obscene.
The place should be banned from trading.

Sorry if you deal with them but honestly I have never used credit, prefer cash discounts, and people paying me interest, so I would never dream of anyone paying these rates.

What are your views of Brighthouse stores?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2010, 01:30 PM

Re: Labour Gov.com!!!!

I'm confused! :/
Antibrown
Cumbria UK
Antibrown is male  Antibrown has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2010, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
I'm confused! :/
Azz
This is how the Labour government treat us, get as much money out of the public and into our own accounts as possible.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2010, 03:10 PM

I've never heard of Brighthouse stores.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2010, 08:25 PM

Never heard of them either..............
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

12-08-2010, 09:54 PM

I too have never heard of "Brighthouse" stores. Can you explain for us Antibrown. Are they something like a catalogue store?
Antibrown
Cumbria UK

13-08-2010, 07:38 AM

http://www.brighthouse.co.uk/

Sorry I should have put this up before.
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2010, 10:36 AM

I see what you mean Antibrown - nearly 30% interest. I have never seen one near us, but the interest rates alone would put me off. If it isn't on interest free I don't bite and if it is not a competitive price I don't buy.

Do you remember companies employing "tally men" who used to keep pulling in gullible people by calling every week for just a small amount of money which never dinted the debt and with every call persuading them to have even more stuff, so that they never get away from the debt or the company. Brighthouse reminds me a bit of that sort of organisation. I think tally-men still exist (although they probably go by another name these days).
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-08-2010, 10:45 AM

I was thinking about the `tally man` the other day. That dreadful advert for `Wonga` small loans ,fuc7ing enormous interest rates
Losos
Fondly Remembered
West Suffolk
Losos is male  Losos has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-08-2011, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Old git ->
I was thinking about the `tally man` the other day. That dreadful advert for `Wonga` small loans ,fuc7ing enormous interest rates
OK I realise that it's almost a year to the day since this thread ended but I can't resist the temptation to say that these firms e.g. Brighthouse, DFS, etc. are not selling products, they are selling loans.

If you go into a DFS store (As I did many years ago) and ask for a discount for cash they just laugh at you yet they are willing to give a loan for the same amount of money over three or more years and not collect the first payment for a year. Any idiot can work out that it costs money to borrow money. So why not give a discount for cash? The answer is they only want you on their books so they can keep pestering you to take out more loans.

It's a massive con, and you can be sure that when you've paid of 50% of the loan they will be bombarding you with sales bumph in the hope you will take out another loan.

And Wanga's APR is something like 2,400% who in this world with any sort of brain would pay that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top