Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 04:39 PM

I've Done It :-)

For the first time today I drove in the Canaries. We have some lovely friends and I received a call saying Sue do you fancy going for a drive to the other end of the island. As we often go off with them for an afternoon. I thought he would be driving. Both he and his wife arrived in separate cars.

There you go here's the keys just follow us. Although nervous and getting used to a different side of the car, gears etc. I was fine.

Such kind people and he has offered us the car or should I say small van to do our shopping or go out on trips.

Here with insurance it's cars that are insured and not the person.

If I had not been forced to do it I may not have driven until we plan to get a car in two years. I drive regularly when we go back to UK. It was just the push I needed.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 04:49 PM

Re: I've Done It :-)

Well done Goldie. It is a bit nerve wracking at first but you soon get used to it. These days my problem is driving on the opposite side in the UK, when being driven I duck at every roundabout, the traffic is all coming the wrong way
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 04:52 PM

Good for You Goldie..there aint no stopping You now
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 05:04 PM

My husband seemed to be gripping the seat a bit tight but said I did well. It so much easier here as speed restrictions are very strict.

Ever think those three were up to something. It was a plan I am sure

Can't wait to go out again. Yaaaay
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 05:04 PM

I've never driven abroad. Would be too scared to.
Goldielocks
Spain

01-07-2016, 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
Well done Goldie. It is a bit nerve wracking at first but you soon get used to it. These days my problem is driving on the opposite side in the UK, when being driven I duck at every roundabout, the traffic is all coming the wrong way
Ha ha My problem is the M4 and people turn off at the last minute The traffic is so much more plus the speed.
Chessica
New Member!
UK
Chessica is female 

01-07-2016, 05:20 PM

Well done, Goldielocks, it can be frightening to start, but now that you've done it well it will be easy peasy from here on in I drove in America and found it fine too.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 06:09 PM

I think that must be an experience you wont forget , my son last year drove from England across France down through Spain and said how he will not forget that ..
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2016, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->

Here with insurance it's cars that are insured and not the person.
How very Odd
Goldielocks
Spain

01-07-2016, 06:44 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
How very Odd
Yes we thought that Galty too. Everyone drives each other's cars.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top