Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin
The Tourist is male  The Tourist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2010, 03:14 PM

I don't blame the guy.

I our local newspaper today there is the story of a male flight attendant who has simply had enough of rude passengers.

In a nutshell, a passenger stood before the airline came to a complete stop, pulled his carry-on luggage from an overhead bin, and in so doing hit the attendant in the head.

The attendant cursed him out over the public address system, triggered the inflatable ramp, grabbed a beer from the beverage cart and then went home.

In America under federal law, things like airliners, insisting on our enumerated rights and hemorrhoidal sauves fall under our terrorist Homeland Security Statutes, the guy was taken into custody as soon as he got home.

I say hang the Congressional Medal of Freedom on the flight attendant's neck and transport the passenger to a front-line combat area in Iraq no matter what his personal circumstances. If he's a gay lefthanded French citizen with Freudian mother-style issues and a bleeding ulcer, who cares.

Our courts recognize a concept called 'the doctrine of the reasonable man.' Briefly, some bizarre life experiences require action outside of the law. It's the passenger who should have been arrested. He also broke federal law.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2010, 04:24 PM

Re: I don't blame the guy.

Tbh I think the flight attendant was silly to do what he did - it's his job to deal with 'idiot' airline customers - that's what he gets paid for. If he's had enough at least be professional and responsible and leave at the end of the shift.

But to go on to use the emergency exit leaving his post unattended, put passengers at risk - and he deserves being arrested and getting told off by the police

Now passengers - well I can see why he felt so enraged as so many are 'yobs'! But still - he should have remained professional.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2010, 04:56 PM

I`m with you Azz-not a professional thing to do at all.

But hey-if you are going to give it all up,lose your job-do it with style?
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin
The Tourist is male  The Tourist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-08-2010, 05:11 PM

The airlines here deal with "air rage" as a regular course of action. You can/should be arrested on the spot. It appears that there was not an Air Marshall on board.

Back to this doctrine thing. Let's suppose you use a graphic ethnic insult in addressing me, I smack you, and in falling you bounce your head off of Hillary Clinton's humungous fat ankles and you immediately expire.

Technically, I am guilty of unintentional manslaughter.

A few years back our courts recognized the concept of "fighting words." In effect, there are circumstances so egregious that even the pope who blow an embolism.

Granted, that's an adjudication from a court. First step is that you will be arrested. Big deal, with new computers you don't even have to wipe ink off of your fingerprints. (It's really cool.)

The passenger started it. Without his actions the flight attendant would have done nothing.
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin

11-08-2010, 04:26 AM

A brief update.

The attendant has become a cult hero. Overnight he has come to represent the mood here. Yeah, he is under arrest, but I'm beginning to doubt the charges will stick, either that or he'll get a slap on the wrist.

I'd hate to be the guy who hit him. I have a feeling the townspeople will get the torches and pitchforks.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2010, 01:29 PM

Originally Posted by The Tourist ->
A brief update.

The attendant has become a cult hero. Overnight he has come to represent the mood here. Yeah, he is under arrest, but I'm beginning to doubt the charges will stick, either that or he'll get a slap on the wrist.

I'd hate to be the guy who hit him. I have a feeling the townspeople will get the torches and pitchforks.

Hes all over are news channels.

Who was the arrogant female who assaulted him when he tried to do his job and the result of him being arrested?????
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin

11-08-2010, 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by galty ->
Hes all over are news channels.

Who was the arrogant female who assaulted him when he tried to do his job and the result of him being arrested?????
I don't know, and it's probably a good thing for her.

She is now being vilified, and if her name was released she'd be overcome by stalkerazzi.

In time I'm sure she'll be seen crying her eyes out out on Larry King or Entertainment Tonight. They'll both write books, make millions and retire to the Bahamas. That's the nature of fame in my country now.

I wish she had hit me in the head with a suitcase. I'd be writing my memoirs now...
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by The Tourist ->
I don't know, and it's probably a good thing for her.

She is now being vilified, and if her name was released she'd be overcome by stalkerazzi.

In time I'm sure she'll be seen crying her eyes out out on Larry King or Entertainment Tonight. They'll both write books, make millions and retire to the Bahamas. That's the nature of fame in my country now.

I wish she had hit me in the head with a suitcase. I'd be writing my memoirs now...
LOL I wish my 15 minutes of fame (of which I have had 2 sessions) would have helped me along to millionaires row!!!

Now, who shall I go and hit....?? LOL

June x
bobmielke
Portland, OR
bobmielke is male  bobmielke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2010, 07:21 PM

Do you know why we hear about the nut jobs? It's because they are the exception. The vast majority of flight attendants act in a controlled manner. It's the media who chooses to report the unusual, the outrageous because that's how they make money.
june1958
Lancashire
june1958 is female  june1958 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-08-2010, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by bobmielke ->
Do you know why we hear about the nut jobs? It's because they are the exception. The vast majority of flight attendants act in a controlled manner. It's the media who chooses to report the unusual, the outrageous because that's how they make money.
That is so true Bob, when reporting on something like older parenting, it is all a damning negative viewpoint, and the more the embroider it the more effective it is!

When reporting on the same subject with a positive viewpoint, as in my own experience, it causes no ripples whatsover, the negative side of any news item will, it seems always sell more papers and cause the most opinion than some uplifting happy story, and that, it seems is human nature!

June x

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top