Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
friendlynannaof5
New Member!
Australia
friendlynannaof5 is female 

07-08-2010, 12:03 PM

looking for some one to talk to in America please?

Hello, i am going to America and want to chat to some one from there and find somethings out so if u could help me would be very reatfull thank you
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2010, 12:39 PM

Re: looking for some one to talk to in America please?

We have a few members from America

Why not post your questions in this thread and people can try to chime in if they can
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2010, 12:46 PM

DM?-over to you?

Try this link as well

http://www.mrmenu.net/cgi-bin/discus/discus.cgi

It`s US based with folk from all over and is friendly.
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin
The Tourist is male  The Tourist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2010, 03:10 PM

Technically, I'm from America. I was born in Milwaukee Wisconsin, I'm a baby boomer and I've only been out of this country once, and that was in 1965.

Yes, I scratch, belch, haven't the faintest knowledge of Canada, except for snow. Any country with sand is the middle-east to me. If you cannot bench-press several hundred pounds you're an interior decorator. I lift everyday, and hang out with idiots who do, also.

I own numerous handguns and reload. I am surly to the police, and always modify my motorcycle engines with bigger motors (we call them "big bores") and replace my exhaust with 'Screaming Eagles.' I make sure the bike out accelerates everything in its path with 'dyno runs.'

I've been arrested, and could care less. I sit with my ankle on my knee, not like a woman. I use my fork properly--in my right hand, if I use utensils at all. I carry switchblades or assisted opening folders. It's illegal but I don't care.

Since retiring the only clothes I own (no kidding) are jeans, black Harley T-shirts and boots. (Boots are not 'shoes' here but heavy lug-soled items trimmed with metal. See below.)

The problem is that I live near Madison, Wisconsin. We have more liberals and communists per square foot than Moscow--wherever that city is located. I believe that's east of here.

I hope that establishes my credentials. In my area though, I'm simply known as your average 'guy,' or good ol' boy, and politically I'm "Joe Lunchbox."

Oh, I am college educated, but don't read too much into that. The UW at Madison is famous as a party school, and it was a great place to chase girls and drink cheap beer.

Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2010, 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by the tourist ->
technically, i'm from america. I was born in milwaukee wisconsin, i'm a baby boomer and i've only been out of this country once, and that was in 1965.

Yes, i scratch, belch, haven't the faintest knowledge of canada, except for snow. Any country with sand is the middle-east to me. If you cannot bench-press several hundred pounds you're an interior decorator. I lift everyday, and hang out with idiots who do, also.

I own numerous handguns and reload. I am surly to the police, and always modify my motorcycle engines with bigger motors (we call them "big bores") and replace my exhaust with 'screaming eagles.' i make sure the bike out accelerates everything in its path with 'dyno runs.'

i've been arrested, and could care less. I sit with my ankle on my knee, not like a woman. I use my fork properly--in my right hand, if i use utensils at all. I carry switchblades or assisted opening folders. It's illegal but i don't care.

Since retiring the only clothes i own (no kidding) are jeans, black harley t-shirts and boots. (boots are not 'shoes' here but heavy lug-soled items trimmed with metal. See below.)

the problem is that i live near madison, wisconsin. We have more liberals and communists per square foot than moscow--wherever that city is located. I believe that's east of here.

I hope that establishes my credentials. In my area though, i'm simply known as your average 'guy,' or good ol' boy, and politically i'm "joe lunchbox."

oh, i am college educated, but don't read too much into that. The uw at madison is famous as a party school, and it was a great place to chase girls and drink cheap beer.

lol
Old git
West Deeping Lincs
Old git is male  Old git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2010, 03:22 PM

Yes, I scratch, belch, haven't the faintest knowledge of Canada, except for snow. Any country with sand is the middle-east to me. If you cannot bench-press several hundred pounds you're an interior decorator. I lift everyday, and hang out with idiots who do, also.

I own numerous handguns and reload. I am surly to the police, and always modify my motorcycle engines with bigger motors (we call them "big bores") and replace my exhaust with 'Screaming Eagles.' I make sure the bike out accelerates everything in its path with 'dyno runs.'

I've been arrested, and could care less. I sit with my ankle on my knee, not like a woman. I use my fork properly--in my right hand, if I use utensils at all. I carry switchblades or assisted opening folders. It's illegal but I don't care.

Since retiring the only clothes I own (no kidding) are jeans, black Harley T-shirts and boots. (Boots are not 'shoes' here but heavy lug-soled items trimmed with meta

oh you little devil you-shame I`m not gay
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin
The Tourist is male  The Tourist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2010, 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Azz ->
lol
I wrote that in a humorous tone, but it's all true.
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin

07-08-2010, 03:54 PM

In truth, you'll have to get used to blunt talk and counter intuitive logic.

One-third of Americans are fat, but drink diet pop. Street crime is getting to be a problem, but many liberal areas vote to disarm our citizens. We will bore you silly with "green issues," but the UW at Madison--one of the nation's most candy-assed liberal colleges--they just closed their coal burning physical plant a few weeks ago. That building supplies heat and electricity to all of the campus buildings, and has been spewing dark black smoke for decades.

We love to talk politics but hate our government. Only 41% claim to like BHO, but many just say that to appear "open minded." Our unemployment is over 15% in many areas, and we don't believe his rhetoric on this being "Bush's war." The guy's a light weight, and born in Kenya, to boot.

Only 17% of us like our congress and senate--and they make the laws.

Locally, we brought over 10,000 bikes to Madison and got our helmet law repealled. The best party in the country is at Sturgis South Dakota.

If you want 'American culture,' don't bother with Starbuck's or other coffee shops. Go to a Ford dealership and talk to a guy who drives or sells F-150s.

Make sure you hit a Harley shop. And quit spelling stuff with a "u" in it. Spell it like an 'Amurkin.' The proper spelling is "color." You start using the King's English and you're going to catch guys rolling their eyes, using a hand gesture with a pinkie raised.
Old git
West Deeping Lincs

07-08-2010, 04:34 PM

I don`t think the original poster will mind.

In Australia males think that foreplay is how to figure out how to open a bottle/can of beer
The Tourist
Madison, Wisconsin

07-08-2010, 05:21 PM

The biggest ear-mark that says "loser foreigner" is the improper use of American slang. I always cite the example of "bone." Words have numerous meanings, and lots of them are regional.

Other than referring to the skeletal structure, the word 'bone' used as jargon has several weird meanings.

Other than the obvious, "boner" has many meanings.

It can mean a foolish minor error, like a bone-head move. But a boner is also a specialized butcher with anatomical knowledge of pigs and the proper dissection techniques on the Oscar Mayer kill floor.

Becareful of the expression 'bone' in and of itself. You might hear the expression, "We're boned." That does not describe homosexual escapades--especially in the guys who use it.

It means a fatally serious mistake, like in conduct that results in drastic consequences. It refers to being fileted like a fish, or de-boned with a very sharp knife.

Such errors would be referred to a "faux pas." Americans often pronounce that as "fox paws."

Don't laugh, or you're boned. We carry weapons.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top