Join for free
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 09:48 AM

Even more Immigration

Hi

Things may be about to backfire on the Brexit camp who promoted leaving as a way of taking back control of our Borders as regards EU Migrants.

I have to repeat what I have said previously, I voted out because I do not want the UK run by unelected officials and Merkel and my genuine concerns about Turkey and the Ukraine being admitted to the EU.

EU Immigration was never an issue for me, the local economy, being Agricultural, depends on them.

Having said that, we have a problem.

The admittedly pathetic agreement Cameron came to with the EU is now off the table, it no longer applies, it was conditional on the UK remaining in the EU.

Existing Rules will apply until the date we leave.

Both Boris and Gove have publicly stated that those EU people here will not be expelled.

As we are still part of the EU, existing law applies.

Net result, those who work here but whose families still live in the EU are now starting to bring their families here.

They are perfectly entitled to do so and to claim Benefits.

Many of the local EU workers are men who work here and go home once a month, their families live abroad.

They are entitled to bring their families here and to get a Certificate of Residence for them.

The link is here.

https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-certificate

This is now starting to happen.

I found out this morning that five of the local EU workers are doing this, so instead of five workers, we are going to have 13 here, their partners and children.
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 10:00 AM

Re: Even more Immigration

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Things may be about to backfire on the Brexit camp who promoted leaving as a way of taking back control of our Borders as regards EU Migrants.

I have to repeat what I have said previously, I voted out because I do not want the UK run by unelected officials and Merkel and my genuine concerns about Turkey and the Ukraine being admitted to the EU.

EU Immigration was never an issue for me, the local economy, being Agricultural, depends on them.

Having said that, we have a problem.

The admittedly pathetic agreement Cameron came to with the EU is now off the table, it no longer applies, it was conditional on the UK remaining in the EU.

Existing Rules will apply until the date we leave.

Both Boris and Gove have publicly stated that those EU people here will not be expelled.

As we are still part of the EU, existing law applies.

Net result, those who work here but whose families still live in the EU are now starting to bring their families here.

They are perfectly entitled to do so and to claim Benefits.

Many of the local EU workers are men who work here and go home once a month, their families live abroad.

They are entitled to bring their families here and to get a Certificate of Residence for them.

The link is here.

https://www.gov.uk/eea-registration-certificate

This is now starting to happen.

I found out this morning that five of the local EU workers are doing this, so instead of five workers, we are going to have 13 here, their partners and children.
on a more positive side to that is the money they recieved and up to now as been sent abroad , will now be spent in this country
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 10:05 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
on a more positive side to that is the money they recieved and up to now as been sent abroad , will now be spent in this country
Positivity rules !!!
Eliza
Chatterbox
England
Eliza is female  Eliza has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 10:06 AM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
Positivity rules !!!
it does in my house .
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
it does in my house .
And mine too Eliza, it's the only way!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 10:15 AM

I think a lot of EU residents who decide to come here have been sadly misinformed thinking there to be housing in abundance. There is some housing but not necessarily in a place where they want to be.

The big soft fruit farms around here bring in large numbers of 'pickers ' for the season and they are housed mainly in caravans not really suited to the winter.
Once the season is over there will be little for any family to do here ( assuming the farmer would allow them to stay and he may not wish too) . Living will not easy in a cramped cold caravan so they may decide they are better at home .
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I think a lot of EU residents who decide to come here have been sadly misinformed thinking there to be housing in abundance. There is some housing but not necessarily in a place where they want to be.

The big soft fruit farms around here bring in large numbers of 'pickers ' for the season and they are housed mainly in caravans not really suited to the winter. Once the season is over there will be little for any family too do and living not easy in a cramped cold caravan so they may decide they are better at home ETA assuming the farmer would allow them to stay and he may not wish to .
Hi

Yes I appreciate that Meg.

The situation here is very different, it is 24/7, 365 days a year.

Massive Poultry and egg producers, pig farms and of course Dairy.

It is a fact of life that at the two biggest local employers, one of which produces over 2 million packs of meat a week, the signs are in Polish, with English underneath.

Am I being negative?

Yes, to a degree.

This not due to any lack of faith in the British people, it is purely due to a lack of faith in our current bunch of Politicians.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 03:19 PM

Hi

Yes I appreciate that Meg.

The situation here is very different, it is 24/7, 365 days a year.

Massive Poultry and egg producers, pig farms and of course Dairy.

Are the employer provided suitable housing for them all Gibbs if not where will they live
As you know housing is scarce and very expensive in the countryside and with livestock involved the workers will need to be close by.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire

26-06-2016, 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Are the employer provided suitable housing for them all Gibbs if not where will they live
As you know housing is scarce and very expensive in the countryside and with livestock involved the workers will need to be close by.
Hi

Housing here is ridiculously cheap Meg.

No idea what the farmers and producers are doing, but will soon find out.

It appears that I am not the only one to warn about this.

Here you go

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti..._campaign=1490
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2016, 05:15 PM

I'm hearing about racist incidents, people shouting at cafe owners etc. telling them to get out! I hope this is not the way things will go.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top