Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 05:49 AM

Is it time for.

A brand new political party, there seems to be very little satisfaction with the 2 major parties. And the smaller parties are struggling to gain any footholds so we dont get an effective opposition.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 06:48 AM

Re: Is it time for.

Yes absolutely! If LABOUR had one person who is suitable to be a PM it would be a different story.
I wish the LIB DEMS would rise again, but the TORIES put paid to them.
What a shambolic lot we've got a choice from!
Start a NOM party!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 06:53 AM

Is it the partys that are lacking a strong and powerful leader. ?

We have had a succession of poor leaders in my opinion on all sides, not only the present incumbents nor the potential replacements inspire me.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
A brand new political party, there seems to be very little satisfaction with the 2 major parties. And the smaller parties are struggling to gain any footholds so we dont get an effective opposition.

I think that is very true Nom.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 09:36 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Yes absolutely! If LABOUR had one person who is suitable to be a PM it would be a different story.
I wish the LIB DEMS would rise again, but the TORIES put paid to them.
What a shambolic lot we've got a choice from!
Start a NOM party!
Tessa I agree but fear it has gone forever .
I listened to Tim Farron speaking yesterday and couldn't believe this nonentity was the 'leader' of what was once a proud party and which seems to have all but disappeared.

Likewise Labour. My Dad like his Father was a card-carrying member of the Labour party but he was genuine Labour, a working class craftsman proud of his work and envious of no man. He was aware of the contribution he made to the country with his skills as did others like him and they equaled those of any person.

I say 'genuine' Labour because he would not recognise the grey-suited Blairs of this world with their spin doctors and 'focus groups' or the university educated extreme left many with their own agenda.

The world has changed so much I think it would be difficult to have a party that truly represent the majority of our society
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 09:37 AM

The trouble is new parties haven't been able to prove themselves so we tend to not trust them.
What about having a completely mixed government with the best qualified taking the key jobs. Then whoever is left from the parties become the opposition, they'd hold the ministers to account because they could be in line for their jobs.
I just thought that up
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 09:46 AM

I certainly think that we need people of principle and conviction, and a government made up of people who had the courage to back the leave vote, regardless of party affiliation.
So many of our politicians have forged their career advancement on their eurosceptism, then changed their minds when they thought their careers might be in jeopardy and campaigned for the opposite, but this is the type of people who shouldn't be in politics at all!
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 09:58 AM

It was once said that if England needed a new quick bowler then yell down a coal mine. And a steel mill to get a solid number 4. Alas both are gone. Potential political leaders? Check out the tuck shop of public schools and notice the annoying little brat.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 05:19 PM

UKIP - just drop the `I` from their name?
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 05:33 PM

It's a thought Judd. Not a great one for listening to politicians but old Nigel always strikes me as just, ,, well , ordinary.
A normal sort.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top