Join for free
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:41 PM

Our generation

What's it all about...these young pipsqueaks blaming the older generation for the 'Out' result when they wanted 'In'?

Makes me think back to when our parents blamed us the way 'society' was heading.

It was all our fault then too. Free love, fashions, pot smoking hippies wafting flowers about.

Now we're all grown up and we're still a blight on society, perhaps we'll never get it right
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:45 PM

Re: Our generation

Maybe They have just cause as They'll be the Ones who have to live with it long after We're dead and buried.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
What's it all about...these young pipsqueaks blaming the older generation for the 'Out' result when they wanted 'In'?

Makes me think back to when our parents blamed us the way 'society' was heading.

It was all our fault then too. Free love, fashions, pot smoking hippies wafting flowers about.

Now we're all grown up and we're still a blight on society, perhaps we'll never get it right
Is there a 'right or wrong' Pesta for me it is all about making our way through life doing the best we can and the least harm whatever our age.
fender
Chatterbox
SE England
fender is male  fender has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:48 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Maybe They have just cause as They'll be the Ones who have to live with it long after We're dead and buried.
Live with what though May?
We don't know yet. We may have done them a big favour?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:55 PM

Exactly
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 08:00 PM

The kids are at that stage of life where they are most vulnerable to brainwashing and manipulation. They don't have the experience or knowledge to understand how the world really works. They want to feel like they have a view though in case they are asked, so they tend to repeat whatever mantra that has been programmed into them. Thank goodness enough people voted Leave this time round as the powers that be obviously have the next generation sewn up.
Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 08:00 PM

I've listened to my son ranting on over dinner.......I cannot bring myself to admit he's made some very good points against our exit.

I'm glad I wasnt able to vote, he can't blame me and I don't have to admit he's making a lot of sense.

Tpin
Chatterbox
UK
Tpin is male  Tpin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by Realist ->
The kids are at that stage of life where they are most vulnerable to brainwashing and manipulation. They don't have the experience or knowledge to understand how the world really works. They want to feel like they have a view though in case they are asked, so they tend to repeat whatever mantra that has been programmed into them. Thank goodness enough people voted Leave this time round as the powers that be obviously have the next generation sewn up.
I'm not so sure.
The youngsters are a lot more savvy than we give them credit for.
They certainly ask more questions than I did and challenge viewpoints and authority(in a good way)
One of the beauties of the Internet.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 08:14 PM

Of course they have a point, by the time all things are settled after leaving many older people will not be around.My son too has made some very good points against brexit. Now we have voted to do so it has caused chaos all round the world.Our cost of living will go up because we will be trading still with Europe , who will charge us high,all our cheap labour done by europeans will be left vacant ,as English workers wont do the jobs, and employers will not want to pay more to get them to do the jobs,or if they do they will put up the cost of their products. so much was not thought about in the frenzy
So Yes the young do have a right to blame the old for blighting their future
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 08:21 PM

They can blame us ... but they have no right to.
They presumably voted, along with old people.
If it had gone the other way I don't especially think I would have blamed one group .. like the youngsters.

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top