Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 04:53 PM

who said there is no work available ?????

Sue and I went into Argos in Easbourne and there on the counter was a Notice saying they wanted delivery driver assistants.

Just goes to show how much people want a job.
Tregonsee
Lancashire UK
Tregonsee is male  Tregonsee has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 05:05 PM

Re: who said there is no work available ?????

Originally Posted by realspeed ->
Sue and I went into Argos in Easbourne and there on the counter was a Notice saying they wanted delivery driver assistants.

Just goes to show how much people want a job.

How long had the notice been up? A week? That morning?
moreover
North Wales, UK
moreover is female  moreover has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 05:18 PM

What's the pay and conditions?
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 05:23 PM

Daft statement, had it been up weeks, whats the hours, money conditions. ?
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:11 PM

There are plenty of jobs available around my neck of the woods. OK working in a chippie or harvesting veg is not well paid nor glamorous but a potential employer might just think it`s better than staying on the dole?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Older git ->
There are plenty of jobs available around my neck of the woods. OK working in a chippie or harvesting veg is not well paid nor glamorous but a potential employer might just think it`s better than staying on the dole?
Well I doubt the jobs pay less that the dole, but some people think the country owes them a living. This is one reason we had so many immigrants from the EU, because they were prepared to do these jobs. In our era people worked because they had no choice, but these days many think "why work when you can get benefits"
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 06:51 PM

Originally Posted by Twink55 ->
Well I doubt the jobs pay less that the dole, but some people think the country owes them a living. This is one reason we had so many immigrants from the EU, because they were prepared to do these jobs. In our era people worked because they had no choice, but these days many think "why work when you can get benefits"
If you are fit you should work, refuse jobs and no benefits, simple as that .
Once you have a job it is easer to switch to something to which you are better suited.
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:02 PM

My late wife used to do research for `head hunters`,I did my time in a benefit office and a job centre. From top executives to just a person looking for any job the key was---are you employed currently?. It says a lot about the candidate. Ok I am going back 30+ years but I suspect attitudes do not change much.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-06-2016, 07:14 PM

Hi

I am over 60, not a manual worker but I can get £150 a day cleaning out chicken sheds.

A good work out and no paying for Gym Membership.

Where there's muck there's brass.

The fit, tattooed spliff smoking twenty and thirty somethings locals in the village turn the work down.

I find that wrong.

I want my taxes going to those who cannot work, not those who choose not to.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-06-2016, 06:06 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

I am over 60, not a manual worker but I can get £150 a day cleaning out chicken sheds.

A good work out and no paying for Gym Membership.

Where there's muck there's brass.

The fit, tattooed spliff smoking twenty and thirty somethings locals in the village turn the work down.

I find that wrong.

I want my taxes going to those who cannot work, not those who choose not to.
£150 quid a day, why did i bother training to be a Spark, all those years as an apprentice, decades of exams and courses.

Never came close to that money.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top