Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 11:09 AM

Your favourite ....

Hair style

I am guessing like me over the years you have all had various hair dos some more successful than others, so what was / is your favourite ?

Mine was the old Farrah Fawset flick I think it looked very glamorous but because I have intensely curly hair was something took me ages to achieve and I would sleep with a rolled up towel under my neck to stop it being ruffled of going flat on one side over night. No wonder I have ended up with neck problems
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 11:21 AM

Re: Your favourite ....

After cutting my hair short in 1977 and regretting it, l vowed never to cut it short again! I look too mumsy with short hair and l have to think about my 'street cred'!!
In the 1960's when l was 18, l had my hair cut in a Mary Quant style. l soon grew that out and went blonde!
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 11:22 AM

I have always had quite long hair, but did once have it cut and permed. Hated it as I was always having to blow dry it. When I got divorced I had it cut quite short but soon grew it back to a managble level. I have it just above my shoulders now. Straight and just blow dry my fringe when I have washed it.

I just want to put a brush through in the mornings and that's it. Hate faffing.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 11:37 AM

Some of those older perms were dreadful weren't they, one product I vowed never to use again was something called sun in, it was supposed to give gentle hi lights to your hair in the summer, I ended up with fierce curly straw until I could grow it out, completely stripped my hair of moisture ! I am not sure it's still sold but if I is avoid is what I say avoid !
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 11:43 AM

My hair can only be in a short style, with full fringe and layers. It's quite thin and fine and won't grow any longer than my shoulders. I don't think it's ever been below them in my entire life!!!
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Some of those older perms were dreadful weren't they, one product I vowed never to use again was something called sun in, it was supposed to give gentle hi lights to your hair in the summer, I ended up with fierce curly straw until I could grow it out, completely stripped my hair of moisture ! I am not sure it's still sold but if I is avoid is what I say avoid !
When you think it is a chemical you put on it. We must be mad. Aagh not for me. Wash and go
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey

22-06-2016, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
When you think it is a chemical you put on it. We must be mad. Aagh not for me. Wash and go
Me too these days I let if curl now no more straightening just long layers and put it up when I need a neater look.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 12:25 PM

I have had every colour and style going but now it's shoulder-ish length and reddish brown. Of all the styles I've had I preferred the soft layering with a fringe I had in the early eighties but since I can't stand a fringe now, too bloomin' annoying, so that's out.
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 12:31 PM

Us blokes don't have this problem - we go to the barbers/hairdressers, sit in the chair - a quick trim and we're all done inside 20 minutes, no dying, no perming - nothing!!!
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Uncle Joe ->
Us blokes don't have this problem - we go to the barbers/hairdressers, sit in the chair - a quick trim and we're all done inside 20 minutes, no dying, no perming - nothing!!!
Some blokes have very long hair though.

Mine is short now but I used to have it very long & curl permed. No way will I go grey though, it's brown.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top