Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 09:15 AM

last nights phone call

Last night a pal of mine rang (I have known him for over 40 years) and I could tell by his voice he was excited. Originally we both had nikon D200's then progressed to the D300 and for the last couple of years I have got the D800 so we have both been running on parallel tracks so to speak photographically wise.

Seems he has purchased a very little used Nikon d810 on ebay and was tell me all about how wonderful it is etc etc. So I mentioned some of the features of my D800 over the D300 and how much more you have to pay attention to taking a photo having got 3 times more mega pixel D300 . Also about using top quality glass to get the best out of it. I think most of what i said went in one ear and out the other as he was only going to use it in auto mode. I suppose he was on the phone for about an hour when I asked what he thought of it and then I had to really smile to myself when he said " I have not got it yet it is still in the Royal Mail postal system. I thought to myself wait until it is in your hands and start a new leaning curve.
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 04:42 PM

Re: last nights phone call

There seems to be a tendency for some to buy a really expensive camera only to not use it to it's full potential (a bit of one upmanship perhaps?). A D810 only to be used on auto would appear to be a waste.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 04:45 PM

That's why I wouldn't buy anything fancy, I wouldn't know how to use it, instructions are alien to me!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 05:35 PM

I've had my D3200 a couple of years now, and still can't get the hang of it. And I've mislaid the instructions yet again.
Gabi
Lancs,.
Gabi is female  Gabi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 05:51 PM

I've had the Nixon d800 it's a beauty loved taking pics.. with it. Now it's gone to my son it was too heavy for me to handle when I got ill, son loves it. I've still got a cannon think it's D500 that is a good one too. I just love cameras so I always carry a Panasonic lumex compact camera it is a great little one and takes fab photos. Happy snapping.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2016, 07:04 PM

He rang me again this evening, he just got his, and had to agree about how much better the Nikon D810 is over the D300. I did tell him at the time and he now needs some decent glass to go with it. No doubt he will start telling me about the features on it most of which are on my D800 anyway. I wouldn't mind upgrading to the Nikon D810 but would loose a packet in P/T exchange so not worth it

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top