Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 09:05 AM

They get what they deserve

US Senate rejects terror list gun sale restrictions

After so many multiple shootings resulting in hundreds of deaths how can they not vote for change ?

Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 09:09 AM

Re: They get what they deserve

Its ingrained in their Psyche Malcolm, and it has its tentacles where power dwells. A hard road for any too change.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 09:10 AM

The Americans certainly have a love affair with their guns and it is a huge industry with many vested interests, but even if they did vote for a change how on earth could they ever get people to surrender the millions of guns already out there?
Mindboggling problems...
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 09:13 AM

It's a bit like when I used to campaign for disarmament no one wants to be the first to stop, no one really trusts anyone else sadly.
malcolm
Chatterbox
UK
malcolm is male  malcolm has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 09:13 AM

I have never held a gun in my life nor even seen one up close, except in a photograph.
They have only one purpose ... KILLING !
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 09:14 AM

Unbelievable!!

Why can't they be more like us?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by malcolm ->
I have never held a gun in my life nor even seen one up close, except in a photograph.
They have only one purpose ... KILLING !
Yep, but they are a deterrent and are also used for defensive purposes.

I should think the US will never surrender their guns. I would even say citizens will acquire all the more as further terrorist incidents occur. Don't forget the Orlando body count was the highest of any gun related attack and was perpetrated by an Islamic inspired lunatic. To many US minds it is time to prepare for war.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Yep, but they are a deterrent and are also used for defensive purposes.

I should think the US will never surrender their guns. I would even say citizens will acquire all the more as further terrorist incidents occur. Don't forget the Orlando body count was the highest of any gun related attack and was perpetrated by an Islamic inspired lunatic. To many US minds it is time to prepare for war.
Hi

However Mark, one of the things that they kicked out was a ban on people on terrorist watch lists being able to buy guns.

Now, where is the logic in that?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 09:59 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

However Mark, one of the things that they kicked out was a ban on people on terrorist watch lists being able to buy guns.

Now, where is the logic in that?
I don't know the ins and outs of it all but that doesn't seem at all sensible for sure.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2016, 10:27 AM

What I can't understand is if Americans love their guns so much how on earth could someone swan around with an automatic weapon and murder 49 people without at least one person pulling a gun and dropping the guy? He must have been spraying the crowd for quite some time to shoot that many people, bearing in mind that as many again were shot and injured.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top