Join for free
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 09:31 AM

I Voted Today!

I cast a pre poll vote today for the Federal Election at a local polling station.

Tough choices, I could not decide whether to put the Liberals, the Nationals or the Christian Loonies last but one (I always put the sitting member last because only marginal seats get a sniff of the pork barrel).

On the other hand the Senate was a positive delight. I always vote below the line and in the past that has meant numbering up 150 boxes or so. Under the new rules you only need to number up 12 to make a formal vote. Personally I kept going until 24 and 25 which I gave to the Pirate Party before I stopped, having run out of candidates I wanted to vote for.

Well, that is my civic duty performed for this election, now back to the real world.

The Australian Electoral Commission is publishing daily statistics on the number of votes cast at pre-poll centres. So far, we’ve had at least 309,000 votes cast at pre-poll centres. As a comparison, 183,000 votes were cast at pre-poll in the first four days of voting in 2013, and just over 100,000 were cast in the first week in 2010.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2016, 09:36 AM

Re: I Voted Today!

Do you bite your nails Bruce ?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top