Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 09:29 AM

Schools close for footie!

some of the schools in my area are closing at 2 o'clock today, so they are allowed home to watch the footie!
the school near me is a pre school and infant school, so ages start at 4 up to 10.

I'm surprised at this has happened, it was only just 3 weeks ago, teachers we're being interviewed on TV going hell bent against taking kids out of school for holidays and important that they shouldn't miss their education etc.
now we have this, which is fine and hunkydory and all of a sudden we a have a change of heart!

whist walking dog, got speaking to some Mums, there are having to arrange extra childcare some having to pay and some good old grandparents and some having to take time off work!
I wonder how many 4/5/6/ year olds are even interested in footie?
and what example is this setting to them? what happens when its the World Cup? more precious time off school?
methinks this is more for the teachers, than the kids, cos it suits them sir!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 09:37 AM

Re: Schools close for footie!

Why don't they put a TV in the school Hall and let those who want to watch, teachers and kids, stay on to watch the whole match?
That would give mums a break too!
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 09:39 AM

It's probably a one off due to the football match is an important game being between England and Wales.

My grandson joined his local football club at 5 years old, as did many more youngsters, they progress through different levels and he is still playing now at 13.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by TessA ->
Why don't they put a TV in the school Hall and let those who want to watch, teachers and kids, stay on to watch the whole match?
That would give mums a break too!

Flippin' football takes over the world sometimes!!
Tess, you're idea is far more sensible.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 09:41 AM

It sounds great for the kids but unfair on the parents.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
It's probably a one off due to the football match is an important game being between England and Wales.

My grandson joined his local football club at 5 years old, as did many more youngsters, they progress through different levels and he is still playing now at 13.
How is football more important than education?
important enough to keep kids off school, when the teachers were up in arms about parents keeping their kids of school for family holidays?

Its teaching the kids no morals,dosn't make sense to me.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK

16-06-2016, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
the school has a huge TV in their hall.
but sending the kids home is better cos the teachers can watch it in comfort, without having to look after the kids. plus the fact that the kids would still be watching the match when they shouldn;t be missing vital lessons.

The footie starts at 2:00 and taking into account half time/injury time the match will finish well after schools normal closing time, which means teachers will have to supervise the kids in their own time.
and then there is the problem of the school buses, they wont want to be setting off late.
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by Purdy ->
How is football more important than education?
important enough to keep kids off school, when the teachers were up in arms about parents keeping their kids of school for family holidays?

Its teaching the kids no morals,dosn't make sense to me.
Most school finish their day around 3:00pm or just after here so it's approxomately 1 hour off school to allow them the chance to watch the match.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 10:00 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
And if they misbehave, make em watch Emmerdale as punishment too eck with there human rights.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-06-2016, 10:03 AM

Nowt wrong with Emmerdale lad!
Now Corrie, that would work!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top