Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 08:25 PM

Microwave v Kettle

My kettle broke this evening, tripping off the tripper switch each time I tried to get it working.

Eventually gave up with the kettle and microwaved a mug of water. After I'd got the water boiling in the mug, I popped in the Tbag.

Not a patch on tea made with kettled boiled water

Why is that?
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 08:29 PM

Re: Microwave v Kettle

I don't think it boils enough for tea, when ours broke we used a pan on the stove to heat the water and waited for a rolling boil before pouring over the tea bag.
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 08:37 PM

The water was still bubbling when I got it out the m/wave and the Tbag sizzled when I popped it in the boiling water - so I reckoned it was hot enough
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
The water was still bubbling when I got it out the m/wave and the Tbag sizzled when I popped it in the boiling water - so I reckoned it was hot enough
Is it because you put boiling water into the cup and teabag, not teabag into boiling water ?
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

14-06-2016, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by Primus1 ->
Is it because you put boiling water into the cup and teabag, not teabag into boiling water ?
Eh?

I had to work that one out Primus

With the kettle water I usually put the Tbag into the mug first and then add boiling water.

With the m/wave, I figured the Tbag might not like the m/ve so I boiled the water first and then added the Tbag.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 08:55 PM

Hi

It is all to do with the temperature of the water.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...idea-97452679/

I am not tea drinker,a coffee man myself.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-06-2016, 08:56 PM

Oh No, Pesta. Get a new kettle quick!
I visited one of our quiz team members recently and he asked if l'd like a cup of tea. I said, 'Yes, that would be nice'!!
I then wished l hadn't as he put a cup of water in the microwave and then dropped a teabag in it. All could think of was nuclear stuff in my tea and l would get cancer!
Drama queen, l know but l have a vivid imagination!!
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

14-06-2016, 09:11 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

It is all to do with the temperature of the water.

http://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-...idea-97452679/

I am not tea drinker,a coffee man myself.
Thanks Mr Oracle ...just quickly scanned through and saved it for reading shortly ...so there is a difference in taste. Interesting about the Green Tea bit. I like Green Tea with mint, but prefer PG most of the time

edited umpteen times
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

14-06-2016, 09:12 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Oh No, Pesta. Get a new kettle quick!
I visited one of our quiz team members recently and he asked if l'd like a cup of tea. I said, 'Yes, that would be nice'!!
I then wished l hadn't as he put a cup of water in the microwave and then dropped a teabag in it. All could think of was nuclear stuff in my tea and l would get cancer!
Drama queen, l know but l have a vivid imagination!!
Don't worry I intend to Art
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK

14-06-2016, 09:28 PM

I'm gasping for a brew now...

Why is it we take stuff for granted stuff till it breaks down

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top