Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 02:04 PM

BT Has Written to Staff Advising Them to Vote Againt Brexit...Sort Of.

In a roundabout way that is...Bit of a cheek is it not, surely it's none of their business how their workers vote..

http://news.sky.com/story/1710805/bt...of-brexit-risk
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 02:08 PM

Re: BT Has Written to Staff Advising Them to Vote Againt Brexit...Sort Of.

I agree Roxy - hope the staff disregard, I know I would
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 02:11 PM

Here is the post I put on the EU thread this morning, it is relevant to this......

Sadly I think that all politicians are just making sure their own nests are feathered, rather than deciding what is best for this country. I see that BT have written to their many employees saying that voting out will be bad for the company ( thereby suggesting job loses). When they were interviewed , this morning, they denied they were hinting at job loses , but one wonders why they had gone to the trouble and expense to write to thousands of employees, if it wasn't to sway their vote!
I have stopped listening to anybody's opinion and gone with my own gut feeling, because nobody knows what will happen they are just pushing for the vote to go in the direction that is best from them. I never trust a politician, because they are incapable of giving yes, or no, answers to any question asked
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 02:16 PM

Wonder why nobody posted about JCB doing the opposite? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36485985
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 02:21 PM

BT has a stranglehold monopoly on this country's telecoms and hence they can charge us ridiculous rates for just owning a landline.

The very fact that BT are trying to convince people to vote to Stay In, is as big a reason as you could wish for to vote to Leave. This runs alongside the other greedy corporations attempts such as the Bank Of England and the US President and all the other wealthy moguls who don't want their lucrative positions dislodged.

We must vote to leave. There is no other way. Even so, they will rig the vote.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 02:32 PM

The fact so many big businesses want us to stay in makes me sure we should leave they are not thinking of their workers IMO when they say stay.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England
Purwell is male  Purwell has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 02:55 PM

Makes me think exactly the opposite!
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Purwell ->
Makes me think exactly the opposite!
Do you really think they care about their workers? All they care about is how much profit they can make and only their share holders will benefit from that!
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-06-2016, 03:09 PM

I think it is a darn cheek your employer asking you to vote anything that is to do with a political stance. That could promote bad feeling in the work place.

Next they will be telling you what to vote in a general election.

I thought we had a democratic vote in the UK.

I must say I sick of hearing about it all now. I think most folk made their minds up weeks ago.
Purwell
Chatterbox
North Herts, England

13-06-2016, 04:11 PM

If it impacts on the business it impacts on the workers, why is that so difficult to understand?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top