Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 10:46 PM

The Fear Of Rejection!

Just lately, l have met two men (at two separate funerals!) who have said, when they were younger that they would have loved to have asked me out but were too scared that l would say, no and they'd have felt rejected!
I was astounded, and could not believe my ears. l didn't realise, l was that scary!!
Of course, women can suffer rejection too but in my day, it was the man that asked the girl for a date.
Have you ever suffered or feared rejection in some way, or other in your life?
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 11:03 PM

Re: The Fear Of Rejection!

Were they burying their wives at the time?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 11:09 PM

Is it too late for them to ask you out now Art

Looking back I feel a bit guilty having turned down men who asked me out .
I now appreciate the courage it must have taken for them to ask me but I was such an insecure mess at that time I couldn't accept.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 11:10 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Were they burying their wives at the time?
HaHa EZ, I knew l would regret using that as an example of rejection!!
Look, l haven't gone on the defensive!!
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 11:11 PM

Only joking Art. I can quite believe it. You look stunning!.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

11-06-2016, 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Is it too late for them to ask you out now Art

Looking back I feel a bit guilty having turned down men who asked me out .
I now appreciate the courage it must have taken for them to ask me but I was such an insecure mess at that time I couldn't accept.
Meg, Exactly! In those days, it must have been so scary to ask a girl out and then to be turned down. They must've have felt really embarrassed!
I suppose the same applied to them asking a girl for a dance? Being turned down, then having to walk back across the dance floor to their friends who probably took the Micky out of them!!
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 11:16 PM

Having seen many decent blokes put down by a bunch if females that live in packs i understand how cruel women can be. It takes a lot of guts to approach a woman, if the boot was on the other foot [perhaps you might think differently.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

11-06-2016, 11:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Having seen many decent blokes put down by a bunch if females that live in packs i understand how cruel women can be. It takes a lot of guts to approach a woman, if the boot was on the other foot [perhaps you might think differently.
Nom, l totally agree, it does take guts. Even now with equality, l could not ask a man for a date! I suppose, l am just old fashioned!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
Meg, Exactly! In those days, it must have been so scary to ask a girl out and then to be turned down. They must've have felt really embarrassed!
I suppose the same applied to them asking a girl for a dance? Being turned down, then having to walk back across the dance floor to their friends who probably took the Micky out of them!!
I only ever danced with girls at dances, the boys hung around in a group looking awkward and fearing rejection I guess.

What a shame some of us didn't have the confidence that comes with age when we are young what a difference it would have made..
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 11:25 PM

All it taught me it was not worth the bother, rather stay single, cant be bothered to make the effort

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top