Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 08:04 AM

I thought you would all like a laugh at my predicament

I am sure you all know that I have a 5 cats that are kept in at night. This morning I got up at 4.20 to feed them and let them out. I made breakfast and took it back to bed, where I ate it, and then tried to get a bit more sleep. While I was dozing, around 6.30, the cat who wants to spend most of his time with me, came up and jumped on the bed. I felt his paws walking on me but decided to ignore him...... till my arms went very cold and wet! I opened my eyes to find that his long hair was soaked by rain and I had muddy paw prints on me and my bedspread I thought " Time to get up" so picked up my breakfast dishes and brought them downstairs. As I was walking through my dining room, I noticed a furry ball in the far corner, so I went to investigate. It was a live baby rabbit and, as I could not get dressed, for fear that one of the cats may find it, ( one of them had obviously brought it in) I picked it up , then wearing only my nightdress and slippers, I had to walk down the field to release it. I just hope that nobody was videoing the scene across the field at that time.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 08:15 AM

Re: I thought you would all like a laugh at my predicament

Oh so that was you was it Twink. Tee Hee.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 08:26 AM

I didn't realise you had 5 cats Twink
Poor little baby rabbit a noble gesture getting wet I hope it survives.

I used to have a siamese and it was a devil for bringing in live prey or bits of prey .....shudders
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I didn't realise you had 5 cats Twink
Poor little baby rabbit a noble gesture getting wet I hope it survives.

I used to have a siamese and it was a devil for bringing in live prey or bits of prey .....shudders
I don't have 5 by choice Meg! My younger sister moved to a flat where she couldn't keep cats, so her two stayed with me. Then my elder sister died suddenly so I took her two in and the one that is mine was a pregnant kitten that I promised to give a home to, if the local animal rescue would find homes for her 3 kittens. Having a farmhouse it is not unusual for them to bring live rabbits in and I always return them to the field so hardly any die. I am just happy that on all the other occasions I have been dressed.

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Oh so that was you was it Twink. Tee Hee.
Now the EZ stop teasing me my nightdress covered most of me but it was fairly thin material
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 08:53 AM

Oh Twink - you must really love your cats.
My mind boggles that you got up at 4.20 to feed the cats and let them out.

Wouldn't a cat flap be useful?
Goldielocks
Spain
Goldielocks is female  Goldielocks has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 09:00 AM

Poor you Twink glad it's all sorted.
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 09:21 AM

Ahem, Nom cam is everywhere.

Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

11-06-2016, 09:24 AM

Originally Posted by carol ->
Oh Twink - you must really love your cats.
My mind boggles that you got up at 4.20 to feed the cats and let them out.

Wouldn't a cat flap be useful?
They have a cat flap Carol but , as some people shoot rabbits on the surrounding grounds, at night, they are kept in from tea time. It is a but like Watership Down around my house so if a few are killed I think that is ok and will stop subsidance on the local fields.... but if they are brought in alive to my house I have to return them to the wild.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

11-06-2016, 09:25 AM

Originally Posted by Goldielocks ->
Poor you Twink glad it's all sorted.
Good to see you back Goldie
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England

11-06-2016, 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by Nom ->
Ahem, Nom cam is everywhere.

Well that photo is wrong Nom....... I didn't even have my drawers on.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top