Join for free
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 10:35 PM

Out Of Africa

Once again i'm watching Out Of Africa. Without a doubt one of my all time favourite films. A romantic story, the wonderful scenery and aerial views of Africa, two of my favourite actors Robert Redford and Meryl Streep and the beautifully haunting music of the great John Barry. Never fails to make the hairs on the back of my neck stand up.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 10:46 PM

Re: Out Of Africa

It's a lovely film Ezy and I am told the story which is based on fact has some connection to a member of my family. I don't know any more other than a great uncle went to Africa as a game hunter.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 07:20 AM

Never seen it - but it is on my 'must watch' list. I think Meryl Streep is a very talented actress. Love the music.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 08:26 AM

If you like "Out of Africa" you would like "I Dreamed of Africa" too. Basically the life story of Kuki Gallmann, itīs an excellent film.
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
It's a lovely film Ezy and I am told the story which is based on fact has some connection to a member of my family. I don't know any more other than a great uncle went to Africa as a game hunter.
I hope your great uncle wasn't the bad boy!

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Never seen it - but it is on my 'must watch' list. I think Meryl Streep is a very talented actress. Love the music.
It's a really fabulous film, one of my all time favourites...the soundtrack of Mozart and John Barry is sublime.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by ruthio ->
I hope your great uncle wasn't the bad boy!

I have no idea Ruthio , possibly. I will never know now.
EZ Rider
Chatterbox
Surrey
EZ Rider is male  EZ Rider has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-06-2016, 06:00 PM

Any film with the music of John Barry is a must for me. The Deep. Walkabout. Somewhere In Time. So many great films to choose from.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

08-06-2016, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by EZ Rider ->
Any film with the music of John Barry is a must for me. The Deep. Walkabout. Somewhere In Time. So many great films to choose from.
I agree Ezy and don't forget 'Dances With Wolves'...

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top