Join for free
rhosyn
South Wales
rhosyn is female  rhosyn has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 04:11 PM

Reg.

Any one watch this last night?It was about Reg Keys who stood against Tony Blair in the 2005 election.His son was killed along with another five servicemen by an Iraqi mob in 2003.
It was very touching.Jimmy McGovern is very good at this sort of dramas.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 04:32 PM

Re: Reg.

I watched it Rhosyn and found it very poignant.
It reinforced my dislike of Blair .

What a man refusing to meet the families of those he sent to war some of whom were deprived of the equipment which might have saved their lives .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 05:48 PM

I'm watching it right now (recorded) and I too feel absolute contempt for Blair. He makes it even worse by carrying on with his public appearances as if he's done nothing wrong. I'd really like to see him get his come-uppance in whatever form that takes.

Perhaps someone will shoot him.

Anyone got an easily-concealed handgun?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I'm watching it right now (recorded) and I too feel absolute contempt for Blair. He makes it even worse by carrying on with his public appearances as if he's done nothing wrong. I'd really like to see him get his come-uppance in whatever form that takes.

Perhaps someone will shoot him.

Anyone got an easily-concealed handgun?
As the wife of a career soldier I can't express the contempt I feel for Blair in any way that is acceptable here.
Laughing and joking with his mate Bush and pretending to be 'a big man' while he couldn't even manage a few words in private to bereaved families of the soldiers he sent to war on false pretenses .

I am a pacifist, a hater of all violence but I would have Blair stand trial as a war criminal and if found guilty executed .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 06:49 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
As the wife of a career soldier I can't express the contempt I feel for Blair in any way that is acceptable here.
Laughing and joking with his mate Bush and pretending to be 'a big man' while he couldn't even manage a few words in private to bereaved families of the soldiers he sent to war on false pretenses .

I am a pacifist, a hater of all violence but I would have Blair stand trial as a war criminal and if found guilty executed .
Hear hear.
Sweetsue
midWales
Sweetsue is female  Sweetsue has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-06-2016, 09:05 PM

Have just watched this (recorded) and was totally wound up in it. Such a great drama, everything about it was excellent.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top