Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
Uncle Joe
Chatterbox
Brighton UK
Uncle Joe is male  Uncle Joe has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 06:35 AM

The despicable face of racism is alive & well in the judiciary

Seems we have not yet conquered 'racism', it would appear to exist amongst the judiciary. This needs stamping on very firmly!!!

http://www.theguardian.com/law/2016/...nistry-justice
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 06:38 AM

Re: The despicable face of racism is alive & well in the judiciary

Yes UJ, and the recent revelations from the Labour party means its still entrenched in the establishment. Unhealthy condition indeed.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 07:08 AM

Hmmm Peter Herbert I understand is basing his case on the decision to ban Lutfur Rahman for five years from holding a political office
I rather thought that the decision to ban Lutfur Rahamn the former mayor of Tower Hamlets was because he was a lying corrupt fraudster who ran Tower Hamets like it was a village in Pakistan rather than anything to do with the colour of his skin.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 08:14 AM

Outsider looking in.

Seems to me that this would only be a case of racism if others who face this same Judicial Tribunal are able to be legally represented and/or to call witnesses.
If not, and the same rule applies to all ..... ?

According to the link

He said in the speech:
Racism is alive and well and living in Tower Hamlets, in Westminster and, yes, sometimes in the judiciary.”
His speech is alleged to amount to judicial misconduct because it strayed into commenting about politics, conflicting with his duty to show impartiality.

The particular case seems irrelevant.
He is accused of making political comment - which judges agree not to do.
If this is so, it would make no difference if he were purple.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Hmmm Peter Herbert I understand is basing his case on the decision to ban Lutfur Rahman for five years from holding a political office
I rather thought that the decision to ban Lutfur Rahamn the former mayor of Tower Hamlets was because he was a lying corrupt fraudster who ran Tower Hamets like it was a village in Pakistan rather than anything to do with the colour of his skin.
Good post.

Just to add that this person has to face his peers as a judge to see if he was biased on this matter.

Don't give a toss one way or the other.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 08:29 AM

Racism, like homophobia, is disgusting and should always be challenged by right minded people.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 08:34 AM

'Racism' is becoming an overused word and this devalues the real meaning of the word which does absolutely nothing to assist genuine cases of racism.....

The definition of racism...
racism
ˈreɪsɪz(ə)m/Submit
noun
the belief that all members of each race possess characteristics, abilities, or qualities specific to that race, especially so as to distinguish it as inferior or superior to another race or races.
"theories of racism"
prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against someone of a different race based on the belief that one's own race is superior.
....it is a bit like the little girl who cried 'wolf', doing so undermine the whole concept of calling for help then when it was genuinely needed no help was forthcoming ...
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
Racism, like homophobia, is disgusting and should always be challenged by right minded people.
I agree entirely with you, it should be stamped out once and for all.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 09:06 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I agree with you I am not quite so sure it's what we are seeing here though as has been said by Pummy.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-06-2016, 09:10 AM

I think the unpleasant 'little englander' approach is racist, when they want to pull up the drawbridge and ban incomers. Those idiots quite forget their ancestors were most likely incomers.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top