Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2010, 10:50 AM

Good morning

Hello everyone,
What a gem of a site this is!

I am Mary, live in sunny Dorset married with two children and five grandchildren. Just one 13 year old moggy cat left now, as lost my two old dogs recently. I will be looking into our local rescue centre in a few months time to see if I can foster an 'oldie' (and keep him or her?).

Yes this site has cheered me up no end in the two days I've been nosing around.

Thank you.
Mary
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2010, 11:18 AM

Re: Good morning

Hello Maryl welcome to our friendly forum!

I'm sure you'll love it here and feel at home with us in no time.

Sorry to hear you lost your two dogs recently, our four-legged friends really do become part of our families, don't they
I also have a 13 year old moggy who has me wrapped round her little paws!

Looking forward to chatting with you, we chat about everything here so just join in when ever you wish
mrmojorisin
Tangy Town, UK
mrmojorisin is male  mrmojorisin has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2010, 11:39 AM

Hello Mary,
We love Dorset...was down on Hive Beach last week and had a magnificent sea food lunch in the Beach Cafe. We then walked up to the head above the beach where Roger, my Sisters Brother, loved to sit. Roger passed away this Spring so we scattered wild flower seeds in his memory and had a little ceremony that we just made up on the spot.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2010, 12:49 PM

Hi Maryl - welcome to the friendly forum

Sorry to hear about your dogs, we have lots of animal lovers here who'll know how you're feeling. *hug*

Look forward to chatting with ya on the boards.
moetmum
Hampshire
moetmum is female  moetmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-07-2010, 07:31 PM

Hi Mary, Welcome to the forum.

I am so sorry you have lost your oldies, it's so hard to say goodbye. I hope you find some lovely foster dogs to help ease the pain.
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2010, 08:40 PM

Hello Mary nice to meet you-hope you enjoy the forum

Sorry to read about your pets No doubt you will have lots of happy memories.....
dinahsmum
SW England
dinahsmum is female  dinahsmum has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2010, 08:56 AM

Hello Mary - a belated welcome from me
Hope you're beginning to feel at home here now
maryl
UK
maryl is female  maryl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2010, 02:08 PM

Thank you for the warm welcome.
Yes I think I will enjoy myself here, nice and upbeat.
As for my two dogs, well I lost Murphy three years ago now, he was a huge black long-haired GSD with epilepsy and I lost him at nine yrs through cancer of the spleen. Bobby went at the end of last month, my fourteen yr old Border Collie, he had kidney failure. I am OK (ish) about them, they had a fantastic life with us.
My old moggy (Sparky) was always an idependant old so-and-so but now it's just him he is asking for snuggles and sleeps on my bed.
Today it is wonderfully quiet at home, we had our five grandchildren stay for two days - they are aged 1 to 8 and talk about squabbles!
Moli
Aberdeenshire
Moli is female  Moli has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-07-2010, 10:12 PM

Hi, welcome, good to meet you...
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
near Glasgow Scotland
Brandykins is female  Brandykins has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-08-2010, 08:53 AM

Oops! I am a bit late as always but a warm welcome to OFF. You will enjoy it I am sure.

Take care.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top