Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 06:01 PM

Are You A Townie Or A Country Bumpkin?

Townie or Country Bumpkin? Which are you? Or, which would you prefer to be?
l live on the edge of a town, almost in the country so maybe l'm a bit of both!
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 06:06 PM

Re: Are You A Townie Or A Country Bumpkin?

Oh I would so have enjoyed living in a village , the peace and quiet and star lit nights would be wonderful .

I live just outside the town , very built up area , alongside people ( nice neighbours ) but also on a busy main Rd , so noisy and no stars .
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 06:09 PM

Same here Art, but given the choice I will always head for the hills..
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 06:19 PM

Hi

Obviously a Townie, see my rural thread.

Worked in big towns and cities, love to live away from it all in a small village.

The stars are stunning at night, no street lights, no pollution.

Liverpool and Birmingham are an hour away if I fancy a night out and a bit of Culture. Manchester a little further.
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 06:22 PM

I am definitely a country bumpkin... and I wouldn't have it any other way.
doctor
west wales
doctor is male  doctor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 06:27 PM

nearest neighbour half mile away,nearest town 10 mile away,im a country bum
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 06:29 PM

Definitely a bumpkin

I once had to spend a week in a house in London and nearly went mad with frustration . Like Heidi I went up to the attic window looking for fields .

I have never lived in a town, I couldn't do it, all those people around me. Give me a cow shed in a field any time and 'clean' animal waste and smells rather than human..
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 07:37 PM

I'm a townie through and through...

I love the countryside for long walks, holidays etc but would feel stifled if I lived there.
I can walk into the city in 15 minutes, the train station is 20 minutes walk, the airport 15 minutes drive, I can be in London on a fast train inside an hour and a half or walking in the New Forest in 20 minutes.
I like to see people walking/ cycling/ skateboarding past the living room window, makes me feel I belong!
Hawkeye
Devon UK
Hawkeye is male  Hawkeye has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 07:48 PM

I'm neither, I'm a coastal bum. I have always lived next to the sea all over the World in places like Singapore, Cyprus, German Island of Sylt, Israel.
Even now I am about 20 mtrs from the Sea.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 07:53 PM

I'm a bumpkin, who would rather be on an isolated island!
I find the countryside lovely but it's not all peace and quiet, there's always some sheep or cow shouting, tractors and harvesters chugging, people lurking...
If someone walks past my window I want to squirt them with a water pistol!
Far too noisy!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top