Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 05:12 PM

Mum Nearly Dies After Crazed Dog Tries To Rip Out Her Throat

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/mum-nearly...090844187.html

A mum-of-six was left terrified to leave her own home after a crazed dog launched a vicious attack that nearly killed her.

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES

Suzanne Crofts suffered a gaping wound on her neck after the dog, a cross between a pit bull and a Staffordshire bull terrier, tried to rip out her throat.

The bite was just millimetres away from one of her main arteries meaning she only narrowly avoided death.

Miss Crofts, 41, was rushed to hospital for emergency surgery after the incident and she now says she is too scared to leave her Nottingham home.

Describing the moment of the attack, she said: “The dog was lovely so I gave him a couple of strokes on the head and then when I turned away he bit me in my neck.

“He ripped my neck and the bite was one millimetre from my jugular vein.”

Miss Crofts, who has her own dog named Tilly, was discovered covered in blood by her daughter Jaimie-Lee

Jaimie-Lee told the Nottingham Post: "I just froze. Someone told me that a dog had bitten her throat and I could see all the blood.

“It was sickening and I couldn’t even look at it for about five minutes but in the end we managed to get her in a friend’s car to take her to hospital.”

An unnamed eyewitness added: “I heard screaming so went to try and help Suzanne, and as I got closer I could see that the dog had a grip on her neck.

“She was screaming and I was pulling the dog trying to get it off her but it was locked onto her neck.”

The dog has now been seized by police and a 36-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault after the incident.

He has since been bailed while enquiries are ongoing.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 06:02 PM

Re: Mum Nearly Dies After Crazed Dog Tries To Rip Out Her Throat

Horrific.
susan m
DORSET UK
susan m is female  susan m has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 06:03 PM

I thought these type of breeds were to be muzzled now , obviously I'm wrong
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 06:05 PM

As long as people keep these sort of breeds these things will happen.
As far as I know it's pure pit bulls which are closely regulated eg wearing muzzles .
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 06:30 PM

Here any dog that fits a certain criteria must be muzzled when out in public, Staffordshire terriers certainly come under that law here. We do see many people with muzzles on their dogs, unfortunately we also see many people without muzzles on their dogs, but if they want to risk a E1000 fine, or more, and have the dog confiscated, I guess that's their problem. Every now and then the police check at random on people out with dogs, they want to see the dog's paperwork etc, no paperwork dog is removed until all requirements are met, i.e. microchip, rabies tag etc.

It can actually be quite funny because the police always announce when these spot checks will be done and then suddenly you can hardly get through the vet's door ! The law here also states that dogs are not allowed to travel loose in vehicles, they must either be in the back behind one of those gate things or securely harnessed on the back seat, they are not allowed to be in the front of the vehicle. Many people flout that law too until they get stopped in a spot check and given a hefty fine.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain

02-06-2016, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Abbey ->
As long as people keep these sort of breeds these things will happen.
As far as I know it's pure pit bulls which are closely regulated eg wearing muzzles .
I believe pit bulls are banned in the UK Abbey, but it's evidently difficult to establish whether a pit bull is pure pit bull or pit bull/staffie cross, which very many are and they can be lethal if not properly trained and handled.
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 06:48 PM

I've just read the link.
It is horrific, but call me stupid, but where did this attack happen and was it with the owner?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 07:09 PM

Me too Purdy .
It all sounds a bit strange .
Where was she and how was she 'discovered ' by her daughter ?
She certainly has horrific injuries .
Is it me ( yes I suppose it is ) but when a news reporter starts with ' Mum of six ' my eyes start to glaze over .
Abbey
Chatterbox
Scotland UK
Abbey is female  Abbey has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by clumsy ->
I believe pit bulls are banned in the UK Abbey, but it's evidently difficult to establish whether a pit bull is pure pit bull or pit bull/staffie cross, which very many are and they can be lethal if not properly trained and handled.
I believe you can keep them but there are strict regulations .
As far as I know they have to be muzzled and on a lead in public . They also have to be neutered . They also have to be microchipped . They also have to be registered and assessed every so often by the police . They also cannot be sold .
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-06-2016, 08:02 PM

I'll no doubt be accused by some of being inhuman, but I believe that this ongoing problem could be overcome instantly by the courts punishing the owner in exactly the same way as they punish the dog.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top