Join for free
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 05:04 PM

TV tonight

There is a programme on ITV at 9pm about growing old.

It says - "Documentary exploring the process behind ageing, proving that getting older doesn't mean winding down.
Among those featured are a 96 year old athlete, an 83 year old model and an 82 year old store worker."

Perhaps there's hope for us yet.
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 05:17 PM

Re: TV tonight

Lol - Don't think I'll be watching it!
Purdy
Yorkshire. UK
Purdy is female  Purdy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 05:25 PM

that would really depress me, I'll give it a miss thank you!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by cranberry ->
Lol - Don't think I'll be watching it!

That's nothing, on CH 4, they got a 79 year old body builder competing in the World Championships!!

(Think I'll give that one a miss, too).
cranberry
Notts, UK
cranberry is female  cranberry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 05:37 PM

Oh dear, is this the best they can do? Thank goodness I have a few shelves teeming with books.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 06:05 PM

What's behind this I wonder?
Next thing we know, we'll be told, "If they can do it, so can you!" and they'll move the pension age to 93!
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-06-2016, 08:31 PM

I will certainly be watching, as I am always interested in why some older people are very active and why some become sedentary

My daughter who lives in U S A is costantly sending me books about ladies in ther 90's doing wonderful things, Sky Diving Writing Books, becoming Models, and doing Yoga evey day in the Garden.
it is usuualy windy where I live and if I tried Yoga in the garden I would probably take of and land in the River.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-06-2016, 09:37 PM

I decided to watch it after all, and it is actually quite interesting.

They said we lose about 3" in height after 70 (blimey I shall be like a garden gnome then).
Our pelvis continues to grow all our life so we look a little broader as we age. Also, our noses continue to grow all our life, as do our ears.

Older people don't get as many colds either, because by the time we are into our 80's we have probably had more than 200 different types of cold, and we don't get the same one again. I never knew that.

I have also learnt that our skin cells renew all our life, but its the collagen going that causes us wrinkles.

Older people lie less as well. Teenagers lie approx 3 x a day, we don't.
And after the age of 50 most of us feel comfortable in our own skin at long last.

They are now talking about how age alters our mind.

Oh. My phone has just gone, and a friend is in a spot of trouble, I've got to go out. Tat ar. . . .

Oh dear, I only just got back home at 11.30. My friend who phoned has just come out of hospital after having surgery on the bones in her foot, she is in a wheelchair at the mo.

Her son who lives with her hadn't got home by dusk, and she was worried because her geese were still out on the pond, and she couldn't get them in because of her foot.
So that's where I have just been tonight, in the pitch dark and pouring rain, to get the geese off the water and in safe, before Mr. Fox pays them a visit.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top