Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 07:51 PM

Police helicopter

Yesterday evening, around dusk, I could hear a helicopter overhead. I didn't take much more notice, but then after a while I realised it was still there.
I went out to have a look, and sure enough, there it was hovering very still just nearby. I went back indoors.
Over an hour later, all it had done was go round in a large circle and return to hovering nearby again.
I must admit, it had begun to put the wind up me a bit on my own, as by then as I could see it was the Police and I thought they must be after someone, so I closed mt windows and locked my doors just incase some weirdo was on the loose.

Eventually it went, but it was back again just now for another 10 mins or so.
Wonder what's going on . .
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 07:53 PM

Re: Police helicopter

I sent it.

I want Megan
Older git
Chatterbox
South Lincs
Older git is male  Older git has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 07:55 PM

The BBC needs a new cop series-could be rehesearls
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Pesta ->
I sent it.

I want Megan

That cheered me up Pesta.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 08:55 PM

We hear police helicopters quite often here, being not a million miles away from Wythenshawe!

Of course, I welcome them but, like Mups, I ensure that all doors and windows are locked. Over ten years ago, having just moved into this house, we spotted a couple of yobs in our back garden. It appears that they had come from a neighbour's property and were trying to escape the police, who were already in pursuit. They had tried to climb a fence and had damaged it, and then climbed over a low extension to get away. Fortunately, the police were waiting for them when they emerged.

They are very expensive to run, of course, but I wish we could afford more of them. I think they're worth their weight in gold.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

30-05-2016, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
We hear police helicopters quite often here, being not a million miles away from Wythenshawe!

Of course, I welcome them but, like Mups, I ensure that all doors and windows are locked. Over ten years ago, having just moved into this house, we spotted a couple of yobs in our back garden. It appears that they had come from a neighbour's property and were trying to escape the police, who were already in pursuit. They had tried to climb a fence and had damaged it, and then climbed over a low extension to get away. Fortunately, the police were waiting for them when they emerged.

They are very expensive to run, of course, but I wish we could afford more of them. I think they're worth their weight in gold.

You say that JBR, but they sent one out to follow the hunt sabs during the last season. I must say that surprised me when I was told. Being as some of the police themselves hunt, maybe they could get their helicopter mates to keep the sabs off their back.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 09:30 PM

Never mind police helicopters.

I once caught a chappy lurking in my garden, hiding behind my hedge so went out to see who it was. He flashed his ID at me and told me he was engaged in surveillance ..
He'd been around all my immediate neighbours and told them to stay in and lock their doors.
But he didn't warn me.
Turns out they were after some crims and watching the roads.

Another time .. I was walking back home down the road carrying me shopping and a load of chaps burst out of the back of the van wearing flak jackets and raced off up the road. That was something to do with an armed drugs raid.

Tis truly serene and peaceful in the quaint English village where I live.
Primus1
York
Primus1 is male  Primus1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-05-2016, 10:19 PM

Was once travelling home from work as I just passed a small village I saw a police car at the side of the road, four or five armed cops were just emerging from a field all fully armed with machine pistols, of course I stopped thinking there was a major incident but they jumped in the police car and drove off, then a good few years ago there was the manhunt near Malton where the police were hunting for a guy( think it was Barry prudom) can't remember what he had done but it was pretty serious as I'm sure he was shot and killed, it was a massive manhunt the biggest in Britain at the time I think, then a few years ago we were doing some work in the garden which necessitated the hire of a skip, anyway, I looked out to see a guy pulling items out that we had thrown away, a few minutes later there was a knock at the door and a police officer asked if we had seen this man , we told him what we had seen and took them ( there were quite a few by now) to our garage where, we found a bucket ( from our skip) with stuff he had filled it with, anyway we saw him in handcuffs later apparently it was reported he had a knife and was threatening local shoppers nearby!!!
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 03:29 AM

Ummmmm, every now and again one of our resident kangaroos gets a bit upset when a silly tourist becomes a bit too 'familiar'.

I sat on my front deck for three hours last night, wine-glass in hand and reading - never saw or heard another person or a vehicle.

Should I miss all the drama you good folk are relating ?
Should I feel deprived ?
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

31-05-2016, 05:12 AM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Never mind police helicopters.

I once caught a chappy lurking in my garden, hiding behind my hedge so went out to see who it was. He flashed his ID at me and told me he was engaged in surveillance ..
He'd been around all my immediate neighbours and told them to stay in and lock their doors.
But he didn't warn me.
Turns out they were after some crims and watching the roads.

Another time .. I was walking back home down the road carrying me shopping and a load of chaps burst out of the back of the van wearing flak jackets and raced off up the road. That was something to do with an armed drugs raid.

Tis truly serene and peaceful in the quaint English village where I live.
Hi

Just be grateful you don't live in in the quaint Midsummer Villages, at least 3 of your neighbours would be knocked off every week.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top